Solo Leveling

my only gripe about the chapters is that they're 80% drama and 20% plot

Jesus Christ why do I wait a week for as @pato said 80% drama and 20% plot oof. Anyone know any other stuff like this? Not a LN please.

Hello, I'm new here. Looking for something good to read similar to this. I see something called "LN" referenced in the comments. What's that? Anyone with a good rec? Thank you!

Boring, barely coherent plot and no real difficulty for MC, however it's paced so well and drawn so expertly, it manages to be very engaging, addictive and therefore popular. Every boss seems stronger than MC, and when mc is about to be overpowered he reiterates that point, only to just go and defeat them anyway. Just like that. Can't really blame the author: making a comic of this quality probably leaves no time to think of interesting developments past a lot of fancy posturing from very cool adversary characters and cute tail-wagging by the pet-like supporting cast.

For people wondering (@sid1404kj , @Sooten ) as of 3/22.
The corresponding LN/WN chapter is mid to end 77.
I would highly suggest reading through the whole thing as many people have already suggested.

Yeah, not really sure why this is so highly rated. Good art, decent world building, but it's an ultra generic power fantasy story where the MC never faces any real threats after getting their abilities... and yet a little worse than the other generic power fantasies because the MC continues to beat SUPER STRONG enemies just because. They don't even explain it most the time, he just wins because he is the MC. Play up something as a challenge for him, yet he just wins despite (apparently) being weaker??? Blah. At least other series try to explain things and stick to some kind of logic a little. When there's no real tension in a story, why even read it? You know the outcome and getting there isn't really interesting if they just brush things off all the time.

the only problem with this manga is that it is kinda slow ;D I want to read all of it already xD

@GhGod its weekly and the art is stupendous for a 30+ pannel manwha
also, it's rather paced.. I'd rather have a time machine than have them speed it up/.

fhq

This has kind of lost its charm. There's an issue with a battle adventure story when the main character is in no threat at all. Each time he meets any sort of opposition, be it strong or weak, he gets another substantial power level increase. I'd much rather read about some shitter working his way up, sweating and toiling the ranks to gain experience and strength instead of some smug bitch be smug.

The old man really should take a lesson from his son, Don't leave live enemies behind you.

@fhq Have you read the LN's? He's not smug in the sense you're thinking. The reason why he rejected the Chairman's proposal was because his need to get stronger stemmed from the fact that he needs the last ingredient to save his mother, and the last ingredient is stuck with the final boss (100th Floor Demon). If he were to accept the chairmans proposal, he wouldn't have the time to level in order to increase his chances of winning the fight with the 100th floor demon, not only that but he understands that people will start going after him or his family if his true power was to be revealed.

What does he mean by “I wasnt the one who took care of the monsters in double lair”

iirc, he was the one who defeated that elf guy.

Double-page supporter
I think people are confused. The double-dungeon does not refer to a red gate. It refers to the "temple" dungeon within the low ranked dungeon. At which point the MC was still E rank.

Users who are viewing this thread