Solo Leveling

Hiss hunters Guild name should be ‘LEGION’
For he is many or the many of members he is sure to get in the future

People just want to exacerbate good reads like they're critiques and somewhat sound smart. Nitpick the art if you know how to "really" DRAW, nitpick the storyline if you really 'know how to' even form an elaborate setting. Facts are different from opinions. So keep it.

@rerefaradina94
No way its shit lol, if a story is rivetting and has you hooked its good regardless whether its "edgy" or simple or whatever.
Tower of God is better imo, on every level too, BUT i still have more fun reading Solo Leveling, then again its all really subjective and all boils down to personal taste.

Its shit because... it is. There's no suspense, no danger that the MC will lose when he is shown overwhelming every situation regardless of the circumstances. Then, the plot is so one dimensional, its sad: portals open and special humans, hunters, fight back against the invasion. Now you might argue that there is some mystery since we don't know the purpose of these gates, but does it matter? The answer is no.

In fact, I would argue this is quality in the same vein as DBZ; entertaining enough to keep people watching/reading, but in no way can say that stands at the top in any way, shape or form.

people calling it " predictable " and used plot and worse than the gamer or TOG, Let me tell you this is the manhwa which made manhwa appealing around the world. If you care so much about mystery plot and think of yourself as a critic, nobleese far surpasses others. just because TOG and the gamer have been around for ages doesn't mean they are the best. same case as saying demon slayer is shit because it is similar to many swords and demon anime.

@Christopher Spoiler:
He does lose a fight and get brutalized at some point down the line, by the people who kill the hunter association chairman.

Chairman is so awesome, what a guy. Anyway, people really love to hate on things that are popular, huh?

Double-page supporter
Man, if the tower of god, god of highschool, and the noblesse animes do well we may see a solo leveling one in the future. I'm really looking forward to it.

The ending for this sucked.

Without trying to spoil it, the ending is basically a 'it was all just a dream' trope.
It also eventually devolved to 'Korea number 1' crap.
Although it really had some really awesome moments.
For a power trip story it was fine but don't expect a satisfying end.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@becausellama
Except it's not even a spoiler.

You want a real spoiler? Here's the ending:
A big gate was opening all over the place and it threatened to destroy the world. The MC here decided to go back in time to prevent the first gate from opening and effectively changing history where hunters never existed in the first place. So my comment about the 'it was all a dream' was because everything that happened didn't happen.
If you think my comment is spoilers, then wow.

Users who are viewing this thread