Solo Leveling

Power Uploader
@ichigorozu Many many reasons to why this doesn't have an anime and probably never will. First reason, Japan doesn't care about adapting Korean webtoons/manhwas and they never did. Tower of God? It was from Crunchyroll, if CR wasn't there then ToG would've never have gotten an adaption, neither would've God of Highschool or Noblesse.

Second reason, Japanese people don't like Korean stories. I've read some of the reviews of ToG and GoH from Anikore (Japanese anime rating website) and most of them were negative, most of them were saying "Do Koreans like this stuff?" implying it in a negative way. Korean webtoons are made for Korean audience, so obviously Korean stories are a bit different than Japanese stories, different culture different experience. The problem is, Anime priotirizes Japan. That's a well known fact. To put it simply, if an anime fails in it's domestic market (Japan) then that anime is considered a failure. I'm trying to think of an example but the best example I have is Gakkougurashi! I'm not sure about this news but I've heard from people that Gakkougurashi did really really well outside Japan, but it didn't do that good in Japan, sales were low, and that's why it was considered a failure and will probably never get another season. So my point is that anime studios see no benefit in independently adapting a Korean webtoon.

Third reason, the Japanese are proud people, remember in the manhwa how Japanese were portrayed as the ignorant show-offs who got wiped out? Do you honestly think that the Japanese will be okay with them being portrayed as that lol. Please tell me you don't believe that. And that's IF they decide to adapt the manhwa instead of the web novel, the web novel has even more Anti-JP sentiment. Just like how Koreans think bad of Japanese, Japanese also think bad of Koreans. It's a two way thing lol.

Some delusional fans think that big studios like Ufotable might independently take up Solo Leveling, those kind of fans are daydreaming. They lack common sense. How can anybody think that a company as big as Ufotable, a company that is running 2 of the most successful and most popular anime, even more popular than Solo Leveling (Fate and Demon Slayer), a company THAT big, will just randomly pick up Solo Leveling, a webtoon that might or might not be successful.... Seriously...

Just be happy with what you have, Solo Leveling might never get an anime adaption, and it doesn't need one.

9.8/10

I have many top mangas but my favorite so far is I Had That Same Dream Again also called
Mata Onaji Yume wo Mite ita
with a 10/10, solo leveling is close 2nd

Favorite anime: The Promised Neverland

Favorite Wuxia World Light Novel: Life, Once Again!

Chapter 123 is another failed plot point. Min Byung-Gu warms him about his power and by the end of the story, it's never raised again like it never even mattered.

Group Leader
KqDLOTA.png

So it begins. The start of last good arc in my opinion. After this arc, the series goes downhill pretty fast until it becomes 2/10.
Get ready.

Group Leader
@Pringless It’s a running joke, Christopher posted a comment saying “this isn’t following the web novel” on a series (idr which one it is) where the manga almost 100% follows the web novel.

Just post this image anywhere he comments, since he’s a very difficult man to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread