Solo Spell Caster

Its Solo Levelling and the Gamer mixed together and an amalgamation of other stories, but crudely mashed together. There's cracks/rifts that monsters spew out of, hunters with abilities, and an newly awakened MC with abilities from his favorite RPG. He quickly goes from poor abused office worker to super rich highly in demand super rookie that's getting offers from every guild in Korea but he essentially turns them all down. A generic formula we've all seen done before but with nothing new to the table. It can be a quick junk food read to explore if you have nothing else to read, but if you're looking for something deep and engaging, this isn't it. I'd give a 5/10. It's very average.

Funnily enough, I did notice that there seems to be very few hairstyles amongst the male characters and they all kind of have the same cut or you'll see the same hairstyle on another male character.

It seems like everytging is in place, dungeons, guilds, fantasy and action, buuuuuut.
Story cliche in itself (that's not a bad thing), usual sarary slave guy, hateful boss, but our guy doesn't have any guts and runs here and there (there has been unprecedented situation in which your employee was caught up and you still blame him and thretean really? It's like there is a terrorist attack and your boss angry at you that you didn't make him his late).

Then one day he is awakened (of course to be expected from the MC) But without any reason he is skilled and knows everything. Author explains it that MC played in some MMORPG 10 years ago and system works in the simillar way.
Hrrrm, as a player myself I can tell that you will remmember which button you put your skill, what are its characteristics but not its incantations and activafions.

Quest items you will remmember only if you spent a lot of time to get them (wolf quest Linage 2, profession quests WOW, etc.).
To remember everything and know each process when instead of you dverything did animation, hrmmm. Bulsh*t!

If "everything was covered by the game" there should have been more prehistory about this "game" and everything, and you know in such games usually more than 1 player.

Also attention from all the guilds.
This mc's shift of personality from "obeying slave" to a "cocky overlord" in less than 20 pages doesn't make any sense.

As a summary of everything above it has all the right ingridients but somehow author made MC OP without any character development or prior actions/events and as a result it's boring as f***.....

Fed-Kun's army
Lets be honest, this... thing... the author obviously read a bunch of stuff and liked all of it, so he took all the stuff he liked to combine it into one... now, that could have been good, if it wasnt made that (really, fucking) badly, no development, he just starts as a workslave and like 5 chapter later without any reason he is the OP mage of the century (with his personality changing from weak coward to arrogant master that knows everything without any reason)... enjoy if you like trashy stuff, it has some fun factor as that, but otherwise... (And I am someone who really enjoys OP character stuff like Solo Leveling, I am the sorcerer king and similar titles, I even still read titles I know a obtjectivly shit, but I dropped this... xD )

And beware, to call the artist "inconsistent" is an understatement, adults that look like 11 year olds, cloned people, women bathing with towels on, a armored car that changes its size every other panel (mostly in something more akin to a car for a barbie puppet...) ... it is SO much that it really gets annoying xD

Blue castle :
Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_1.26.32_PM.jpg

the mc is your typical weak and abused office worker who gets an op power and all of a sudden changes into a supreme edgelord who knows everything and gets everything

everyone so far has said what I think about this so... why do it again?.... but then again why not? the mc goes from 0 to hero real f**kin quick, and not just his change but it seems any old item could've become an artifact but somehow a bunch of them remain hidden as if they were regular items? if the buffs were to be in percentages below 30% or so it would be understandable that they might be hard to find but items giving xtimes an attribute should be fairly easy to identify upon contact, unless there's something I'm missing in regards to their usage

yea this doesn't make much sense to me, items that straight up multiply your stats by 10x is normal rank. Also, how does the mc keep finding these in an antique store? does no one try on a bracelet or something and realize that they can now punch through a wall?

@jetfirejay1 @mangaaddict
Just so you know, it explains it in the manga, however, as stated, no one else has an appraisal skill, so while it is simple to compare stats and Xs, without being able to see your base player stats or even the options of the weapon/item, it would be entirely easy for a great item to be passed over, think of it like this, your using an item you have no knowledge of what it does, and are unable to see what option it has or how to change its selected mode...

for example, say a pen had option 1) -50 strength or option 2) +60 health regen or option 3) x10 int. and it was set to option 1 by default, you couldn't see your player stats or appraise the item, so the only thing you would know about it is that it lowers your strength by x unknown amount and nothing else since you cant even see your player stats, you don't even know the effect besides feel and or extensive testing to change modes to find a second mode that may not even exist.

This is why there are a lot of good items in the shops, because they seem like junk to anyone else who doesn't either A, know how to change the selected option/ item mode, or B everyone else who cant use appraisal since he is the only one with that skill, so that means he is the only one who can accurately judge an items or player stats.

I am not understanding where the title is coming from. When I read it, I expected someone who is only capable of using just a single spell,or just one spell at any time, but better. Like someone who can't anything but magic missile, or fireball, something in that directions, instead it seems to just ride the wave of "Solo Login" "Solo Leveling" and "Solo Bug Player" and such.
At least in those the title makes sense as they are real singularities that go by their own.
But this one even joins a guild. What for?

Users who are viewing this thread