Sonna Kazoku nara Sutechaeba? - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Yuck.. Guess we really end up with him apologising and they're going back to acting like all of this never happened ?..

That's honestly the worst outcome I could envision, would find it 1000 times better, if they really went down the divorce route since that's one of the worst relationships I've read in a while, but guess we get the 'Wife didn't know any better she grew up in a bad environment so let's feel sorry for her'- Ending

Dex-chan lover
I can understand the dad not checking the teacher on his misunderstanding, but every fiber of my being wanted Ichika to run in and say he's wrong despite how out of character that would be. Glad she at least spoke to her dad and understood why he didn't bother, man just doesn't give a shit what an outsider thinks.

Double-page supporter
That's honestly the worst outcome I could envision, would find it 1000 times better, if they really went down the divorce route since that's one of the worst relationships I've read in a while, but guess we get the 'Wife didn't know any better she grew up in a bad environment so let's feel sorry for her'- Ending
it's not that bad tbh. it's not like their relationship is irreparable. they just need a good family councelling/guidance so they'd both realize their shortcomings, wife being all-assuming and husband being extremely passive, and hopefully mend it to the right direction. you'd also have to consider the child's wellbeing when you decide for divorce. no child is deserving to bear the agony of a broken family. that route could've probably possibly done sooner if they didn't have a child. i hope it goes well.

Dex-chan lover
it's not that bad tbh. it's not like their relationship is irreparable. they just need a good family councelling/guidance so they'd both realize their shortcomings, wife being all-assuming and husband being extremely passive, and hopefully mend it to the right direction. you'd also have to consider the child's wellbeing when you decide for divorce. no child is deserving to bear the agony of a broken family. that route could've probably possibly done sooner if they didn't have a child. i hope it goes well.
How is that 'not that bad' o_o

The only way it could've been worse is, if she actually killed him 😐 She already did all from verbal abuse to physical (throwing actual glass at him) and the way its right now it's the worst possible way for the child and just staying together for some weird obligation towards the child will scar her more later down the way <_<

If the counselling would've been genuine and the suggestion came through her own violation I would've just barely given it a pass, but that's not the case since she's just trying to follow what the teacher said (who is playing clear favourites in the dispute, while he has no clue what's going on)

Also it's not him being passive at this point anymore, he's just broken and done, which is no surprise

Dex-chan lover
Yeah no fuck that. Growing up in an environment where one partner regularly abuses the other is also very very bad. Imagine watching your father being psychologically tortured into complete submission. This is genuinely terrible.

Contributor
The train crash is still going on in slow motion. You can't look away at this point. You're invested whether you like it or not.
Yep, this is a great success of the manga and the author, you need to read it, no matter how sad it will become. This is how many drama in manga and light novels capture the reader. :)

Dex-chan lover
Surprisingly mature and self-aware attitude from the father given how little self-esteem he had before. Most recipients of that much emotional abuse wouldn't be able to recognize their own self-worth, let alone know how to deflect when a third party decides to add to the abuse. Admittedly there's likely a huge cultural factor to add to reading the scene (especially with regards to how inappropriately the teacher is behaving) that I don't recognize that could change how we should interpret the father's statements.

Uncharacteristically happy(?) chapter means the other shoe is about to drop, isn't it?

Dex-chan lover
I gotta give it to the dad, he really took that with grace and maturity. Understanding that the teacher is speaking on preconcevied notions and doesn't know any of the actual facts. Why would he get upset about things that are not true? I also loved how he taught her that lesson when she was getting angry on his behalf.

Dex-chan lover
Yuck.. Guess we really end up with him apologising and they're going back to acting like all of this never happened ?..

I don't think we're going for that ending at all, actually. It seems relatively clear that the only one overlooking the very obvious issues is the teacher, who flipped from seeing her as toxic to cute that one time she ate crow after freaking out about her daughter. At best, we've gotten crumbs of info from her, spoken either to strangers or to herself, as context, not justification. The husband hasn't heard any of this, as far as we know , and it doesn't seem like he's interested in finding a defense for her behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread