Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 103

Dex-chan lover
My raw reaction reaching the end of this chapter: "Ugh...reaaallly?"
Seriously man, this is getting close to telenovela levels of annoying "gotta stretch this" forced drama with that
"Phonecall right when they are effing finally going to talk and girl childhood friend level cousin returning to cause a pseudo-triangle and add more fuel to mc's turmoil" double whammy.

In previous chapters I joked that I was taking bets for when this whole thing was going to be over and I think I said a year as exaggeration or something, but man...it does feel like it's going to take that long to solve this (12 more chapters). Perhaps even more.

Still love the manga, tho. I hope they cook something good.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, I think I understand what's happening here. Gojou here is feeling down because he is seeing Marin moving upwards in her area. She's becoming even more popular. While he is still stuck being unable to make Hina dolls. After all, even if his cosplay tech is getting better and better, cosplay is not his area. Hina dolls is. So he got struck by a sense of crisis. Inferiority complex, of sort. And now Non-chan is coming. Bad timing lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Oh heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Not at Marin and Gogou trying to communicate as best as they can as insecure and promising teenagers, (cause let's be real, they are sitll teenagers so like, what can you do?) but at the sudden appearance of Non-chan. I hope I don't see anything relationship-wise forward between Gogou and 'Non-chan'; other than an apology to him, she already did her damage to his self-esteem that Marin just brought him up from.
Also thanks the translation team for all the hardwork! Really appreciate it and thanks for the patience of us raging in chat lol

Dex-chan lover
Ah, I think I understand what's happening here. Gojou here is feeling down because he is seeing Marin moving upwards in her area. She's becoming even more popular. While he is still stuck being unable to make Hina dolls. After all, even if his cosplay tech is getting better and better, cosplay is not his area. Hina dolls is. So he got struck by a sense of crisis. Inferiority complex, of sort. And now Non-chan is coming. Bad timing lmao.
You really explained it so well! That's what I was trying to figure it out but couldn't put into proper words. Cause they're teenagers too who are close or have to think about what they want to do after High school and their career paths, so this just throws another mess into things like 'oh gods, I have to start thinking about this-'
I still remember when I was at that stage too 😩

Dex-chan lover
Regardless of everything else, I think this chapter might have indirectly addressed why their is this awkward atmosphere between Gojo and Marin.

Some time ago, Gojo realized he loves Marin. This chapter, he states he's gotten good at not dwelling over things that can't be changed. He probably believes Marin will never love him and/or doesn't love him. As such, he's trying to distance himself from these feelings, indirectly putting distance between him and Marin.

Dex-chan lover
I think my previous post is another way to explain it, but I do see how a combination of yours and mine might also be closer to the truth:

Regardless of everything else, I think this chapter might have indirectly addressed why their is this awkward atmosphere between Gojo and Marin.

Some time ago, Gojo realized he loves Marin. This chapter, he states he's gotten good at not dwelling over things that can't be changed. He probably believes Marin will never love him and/or doesn't love him. As such, he's trying to distance himself from these feelings, indirectly putting distance between him and Marin.

Dex-chan lover
Well my prayers were heard and we got non-chan... thanks i guess?

Also, non-chan as in gojo you aah is weird 4 liking dolls as a boy, truly she belong to the pebblestone. This eithers goes to gojo going into depression for the bad memories or she did nothing wrong and should be forgiven kind thing (the other option is Marin just beating her and defending her boyfriend)

Dex-chan lover
Ah, the “She about to confess, but got interupted by a phone call, and suddendly a new female char appeared who is a childhood friend”
she wasn't about to confess, it looked like she wanted to talk about her being scouted at comicet, no? Like, "if I do this, no more cosplays with you, cause contratcs" or smth. And now she has one more reason to stop doing cosplays with him - to give him more time to focus on his dolls

damn, I'm not build for monthly manga with monthly or longer breaks. Its brutal. While reading all in one go felt awesome, this pauses and slow pacing is just too much.
YOU HAVE TO FINISH THE MANGA BEFORE YOU DIE, SENSEI! NOT LIKE YOU SICK OR SOMETHING, BUT YOU GOTTA THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

Dex-chan lover
its jover bro, the cousin and her family are gonna take him in to continue the family business or something and more forced drama will ensue. Will he leave and go back with them or will he stay and keep making cosplay outfits. Communication is a myth

Dex-chan lover
i don't think she'd mind but tbf with how common texting and line is, if they're doing a call, it's prolly more 'important' than a text you can check later lol

I'll admit it depends on your relationship dynamics. For me I figure I'm not a doctor, lawyer, or Batman so if it were a real emergency I wouldn't be the one they're calling.

Users who are viewing this thread