Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 106

Dex-chan lover
Maybe bitching at this point, but I think 17 pages for a monthly publication is bad productivity. Hot takes right? Come bite me
Hot take?? Not at all. This is not fucking berserk and even in Berserk Miura-sensei (god bless his soul) was aiming to release 40+ page chapters. And we are talking about the most influential manga of the last era. Monthly or 2 monthly release but with a fucking chunk to them.

I am sorry but 17 pages monthly is kind of a joke... Unless this author was working on multiple series which very few mangaka do or they are as ill as HoTD's mangaka was, I just don't understand this.

Even Horikoshi-Sensei with MHA he was releasing weekly (or biweekly) and he was very unwell, even now he is. So yeah not a hot take... You are spitting facts.

Double-page supporter
Gonna side with Endominus on this one.

I will have some credit given to Marin because I think she has helped out here and there for Gojo and Gojo does seem to thoroughly enjoy working and hanging out with her.
She single-handedly pulled him out of his funk, his self-imposed social exile. She's introduced him to a boatload of new friends and places and experiences... And she fell completely in love with him, which itself has, despite his typical manga MC obtuseness, has helped him indirectly bolster his own skills, his dedication to Hina and faith in his multifaceted talents, which were all on shaky ground when they met.
But it is toxic. All you need to know before me rambling on is that Gojo is progressive Chad, while Marin is a bubbly exploiter.

The more I ruminate on that, it makes sense.
The more you 'ruminate', AKA project your own prejudices and gender role attitudes, you mean.
Gojo is the most development character in the story. He starts off socially reclusive and boxing himself with his passion due to patriarchal and childhood trauma.
By 'most development' you mean 'most developed'..? Do you even know what 'patriarchal' means?
He goes the extra mile to finish the cosplay and ever since it is posted, his craftsmanship is shown unto the world. This is where the real payoff comes, not from Marin, but from JuJu wanting his services and a whole community recruiting him, making him more socially accepted. This also drastically improves his Hina doll skills and passionately create a cosplay that garnishes widespread attention. At this point, he is able to face his past and resolve it.
No, that was not the point where he 'faced his past and resolved it' and he would not even have met JuJu if it weren't for Marin's involvement. None of this exposure and acceptance/affirmation would have happened without Marin. At all.
Marin? Marin begs him to make the cosplays, falls for his unintentional but god tier rizz on the train, receives a job offer over something that is 90% Gojos effort (which she was going to confront at the festival), ghosts him, and then lays him off…
You conveniently ignore the fact that she has followers and shared his creations for her - to them.

She doesn't really need the job in question - she's already a pretty significant model for fashion magazines. She clearly wants Gojo to have the credit, there. If she was half the manipulative, exploiting monster you himcels have screeched about, she would be 100% 'oh cool, I get some benefits thanks to his hard work - mwahahah - later, sucker!' But no, she's mortified and doubting herself, her feelings, everything. She's a mess.
Who did most of the effort on the Haniel cosplay, including the direction? Gojo.
How much of the pay off went to Gojo? 0. It all went to Marin and she didn’t even reach out to talk to him or give gratitude after the photo circle.
Because he bailed and didn't really seek the attention in the first place... Not because Marin didn't want him to get credit, or pretended she made it. WTF is wrong with you guys? Do you despise females that much?
Yes, I agree, Marin has her reasons to break it off so Gojo can focus on Hina Dolls. But what did she do to equally return the favor? Worse, what did Gojo do to be ghosted?
So you don't want her to have him make costumes and you get mad at her for not wanting to have him make costumes. And yes, they did a lot of other stuff together that wasn't making costumes.
This last chapter isn’t heartbreaking because it is the end of the romance. It’s heartbreaking because One is putting in all the hard work and the other reciprocates with exploitation in the long run.
Huh? None of these things are true.
I don’t dislike Marin because the reason why it took me a while to realize this is because she is genuinely charismatic too. But damn guilt tripping yourself and ghosting is not the answer to all those outfits he made.
You're making up things that didn't really happen, filling in story blanks with your own angry projection, attributing malicious or apathetic sentiment to the most emotionally exposed character in this story... Ugh. It's like watching someone look at a painting and not get it at all, then make these grandiose nonsense proclamations about the artist's intent that aren't even remotely borne out.

MARIN LOVES HIM. She still clearly does. That's why she wants to avoid hurting or using him any further.

The hate for females among some of you is depressing.

Users who are viewing this thread