Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 12 Ch. 94

Dex-chan lover
But you didn't answer my question and you ignored the point of what I was saying. Is food being specifically made for you? Or do you happen to be there and they offer it to you? If it's the former, are you turning that food down?
I didn't answer because it's irrelevant to the situation at hand since Marin never said she cooked specifically for Gojo. Ofc, if someone specifically cooked something for me and said that it's for me, i would took a bite at least (and btw Gojo eat a bit). Yes, Marin herself cooked it with intention of feeding it to Gojo, and probably expected a praise, but it's her expectation, same with Gojo celebrating Christmas.
Like I said, how he views it doesn't change how it could impact Marin.
And? People don't act as you expect them to, especially if you don't communicate. To Gojo it was just a normal meal, the same as any other. A person isn't obligated to stuff himself on a normal meal if he's not hungry. Marin totaly could just Gojo for his opinion.
I don't see how anything she's done this chapter could perceived as hesitant. The only reason nothing happened this chapter was cause Gojou was being so closed off and hardly let Marin get a word out.
Well, before Gojo objections and attempt at avoiding Marin were unsuccessful due to Marin actions. If Marin were less proactive most of the story won't happen at all.

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling that when he's done, I'll be close to "perfect" like he wanted. Only to have Marin not enjoy or be sad when comiket comes around.

He'll then realize that the smile he once idolized and that drove him to make cosplay is no longer there.
IF that happens, I would probably forgive the author. That at least would be poignant. And we could get a redemption arc out of it.
But knowing this author it'll be Marin having fun and Gojo acting autistic and then immediately hyperfocusing on some other costume project. rinse and repeat.

Dex-chan lover
I was totally OK with slow-paced development. Or no development at all, until maybe Gojo realize something toward the end. Or even classic love comedy development where one side is in love and do nothing for a long time while other side slooowly realize his\her feelings, and while they are at that main plot of of manga is going (cosplay in this specific case).

But author decided make it as if confession is imminent, because of how bold and straightforward Marin is.... and nothing happens. I mean, OK, Marin herself said that the way she acts is not normal when in comes to her feelings. But it wasn't an issue before. She basically "confessed" over the phone after the fireworks, even if Gojo was (supposedly) asleep. She invited Gojo to home date and this was one of most hilarious arks (btw, where comedy elements now?).

Now we have to deal some other Marin who acts like actual doll, not only being unable to confess, but not being able to talk with Gojo properly. She always talked out from the situations Gojo put himself into, forced him to do things he was hesitate about and helping him realize his shortcomings. People are mad at Gojo, but this IS how Gojo is normally, if Marin not doing her "thing".
Hmm, there IS a small but significant difference: Gojo tortured himself with doubt and didn't do things, now he tortures himself and does things. Maybe this is the (waaaay too little and OH-GOD-HOW-MUCH-LONGER-MUST-WE-SUFFER too late) conclusion the arc is going for

Ps: since even the most violent bacterial hemorrhagic diarrhea in the planet could not spur me to give a single shit about cosplay, I'm hoping that there even is character development in sight here. It could still be just a way for the author to write -and be paid for- the illustrated cosplay encyclopedia he/she always dreamed of!

Dex-chan lover
I didn't answer because it's irrelevant to the situation at hand since Marin never said she cooked specifically for Gojo. Ofc, if someone specifically cooked something for me and said that it's for me, i would took a bite at least (and btw Gojo eat a bit). Yes, Marin herself cooked it with intention of feeding it to Gojo, and probably expected a praise, but it's her expectation, same with Gojo celebrating Christmas.

And? People don't act as you expect them to, especially if you don't communicate. To Gojo it was just a normal meal, the same as any other. A person isn't obligated to stuff himself on a normal meal if he's not hungry. Marin totaly could just Gojo for his opinion.

Well, before Gojo objections and attempt at avoiding Marin were unsuccessful due to Marin actions. If Marin were less proactive most of the story won't happen at all.
You just continue to ignore the points I make and repeat yourself and just word it differently. I'm talking to a brick wall. At least you have yamiyugi's support :kek:

Dex-chan lover
Man, this guy's just gonna burn himself away seeking perfection and won't settle for anything less than that, which will make him an obnoxious snob if this keeps up. Honestly, much as I wanna see them get together, I'd think Marin can do better than him if he keeps going that way. Another nothing happened chapter..

Dex-chan lover
Perfect example of a guy who can't catch any signal of girl actually being interested in you. Like holy fuck how are you this insensitive and dense. The girl came to your house on Christmas, and you paid zero attention to her despite her many attempts to talk to you, and you fucking left him with your grandpa.

Bruh, any real girl would have dumped his ass and ghosted him afterwards. Would have actually really prefer it if author has the balls to write that Marin is actually mad angry at Gojou, that would be some good drama. But no, author can't write any jack shit. Hint: just read past 3 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Perfect example of a guy who can't catch any signal of girl actually being interested in you. Like holy fuck how are you this insensitive and dense. The girl came to your house on Christmas, and you paid zero attention to her despite her many attempts to talk to you, and you fucking left him with your grandpa.

Bruh, any real girl would have dumped his ass and ghosted him afterwards. Would have actually really prefer it if author has the balls to write that Marin is actually mad angry at Gojou, that would be some good drama. But no, author can't write any jack shit. Hint: just read past 3 chapters.

You’re over thinking this, Christmas is as important to the Japanese as Eid is to you. I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t even know what Eid was let alone the significance. Different cultures value different things! In Japan Christmas is pretty much the ultimate date night and their relationship hasn’t developed to such an extent that they actually understand the implications of meeting up for Christmas!

Dex-chan lover
You’re over thinking this, Christmas is as important to the Japanese as Eid is to you. I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t even know what Eid was let alone the significance. Different cultures value different things! In Japan Christmas is pretty much the ultimate date night and their relationship hasn’t developed to such an extent that they actually understand the implications of meeting up for Christmas!
Nice assumptions. I live in Malaysia, a multicultural country that has public holidays for Hari Raya, which is Eid Mubarak. Also your point make completely zero sense. As you said, Christmas is probably one of Japan's biggest holiday. A girl coming to your house to celebrate Christmas with you and you ignored and ditched her with your grandpa, and you're saying this shit???

Dex-chan lover
Nice assumptions. I live in Malaysia, a multicultural country that has public holidays for Hari Raya, which is Eid Mubarak. Also your point make completely zero sense. As you said, Christmas is probably one of Japan's biggest holiday. A girl coming to your house to celebrate Christmas with you and you ignored and ditched her with your grandpa, and you're saying this shit???

Christmas isn’t japans biggest holidays. It’s not even a recognised national holiday. Because Christmas in Japan functions as the cross between New Year’s Eve and Valentine’s Day.

Japans actually December national holiday is New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day and you won’t find people partying then although you might find them queuing up in the cold for half the night so they can be first to pray on the new year day!

By the way winter comiket takes place on the weekend before New Year’s Eve so it’s entirely understandable that Gojo is way too busy to participate in the ultimate date night!

Man I wish I could get KFC on Christmas Day in the west.

Dex-chan lover
Christmas isn’t japans biggest holidays. It’s not even a recognised national holiday. Because Christmas in Japan functions as the cross between New Year’s Eve and Valentine’s Day.

Japans actually December national holiday is New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day and you won’t find people partying then although you might find them queuing up in the cold for half the night so they can be first to pray on the new year day!

By the way winter comiket takes place on the weekend before New Year’s Eve so it’s entirely understandable that Gojo is way too busy to participate in the ultimate date night!

Man I wish I could get KFC on Christmas Day in the west.
You're coping crazy. Christmas is one of the most popular and the prime romantic holiday in Japan, other than Valentine's day. They even made an anime with the name sex on Christmas (Shimoneta, if you heard or watched it before), so how can you say Gojou shouldn't have the knowledge about this??? It's literally Japanese culture to make a big deal out of Christmas for romantic dating, and none other country celebrate Christmas like them.

Please go do your research.

Dex-chan lover
You're coping crazy. Christmas is one of the most popular and the prime romantic holiday in Japan, other than Valentine's day. They even made an anime with the name sex on Christmas (Shimoneta, if you heard or watched it before), so how can you say Gojou shouldn't have the knowledge about this??? It's literally Japanese culture to make a big deal out of Christmas for romantic dating, and none other country celebrate Christmas like them.

Please go do your research.
In what world does two men (grandfather and grandson) go about celebrating any sort of romantic holiday anywhere in the world. It’s perfectly reasonable for a celebration to take place where you don’t actually participate in the ritual. Gojo lives in a very traditional Japanese household and if that wasn’t enough didn’t I mention how he is working overtime on preparing Marin costume for an event days away!

Dex-chan lover
In what world does two men (grandfather and grandson) go about celebrating any sort of romantic holiday anywhere in the world. It’s perfectly reasonable for a celebration to take place where you don’t actually participate in the ritual. Gojo lives in a very traditional Japanese household and if that wasn’t enough didn’t I mention how he is working overtime on preparing Marin costume for an event days away!
Not celebrating is not the same as not having the knowledge, please read what I said properly.

It's like talking to a damn wall at this point. You're starting to sound really, really dense.

Users who are viewing this thread