Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 12 Ch. 94

Dex-chan lover
Out of curiosity, especially for the people who pushes for the romance aspect of this manga.
I mean, I'm aware that you guys want the romance, but do you guys think it's needed? Like; you want it, but it doesn't mean you need it.
What do you think?
Apologies if this is worded weirdly; articulation is my weakness

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why people are getting mad at how the current arc is going, like you're all normies if you're getting mad over this. My man is giving his all to make her the best cosplay, as well as not shaming his artistic soul in the process, and you're getting mad at him for doing that? And you also getting mad at him for not celebrating Christmas, while it's made quite clear that his family doesn't care about it, what are you? Die hard Karen Christians, who can't stand it when others don't have the same belief as you?

And I also saw some comments getting mad at the way Potteto's group translated, just change the group then? There are 2 chapters for a reason.

God damn, these recent chapters are really filtering out the normies from the more (excuse me if this sounds pretentious) refined readers.

Dex-chan lover
"I'll cook dinner."
"Okay."
Just a simple acceptance? No objections about being too much work or any of that crap to draw it out on one or several pages? What is this sorcery?

Simple is cute.

It's Christmas. You don't worry about calories.

I remember when stuff used to happen in this series. Maybe a year? two years ago?
This was one of the best chapters in a while. We had some interactions that weren't dragged out.

Wasn't she determined to confess on Christmas?
I think the air went out of her when she realised he wasn't celebrating with her. Kind of ruins the whole idea of a romantic confession. Honestly, that's one thing I can't blame her for.

I mean, I'm aware that you guys want the romance, but do you guys think it's needed? Like; you want it, but it doesn't mean you need it.
Don't need it. A more varied plot focus is usually more interesting, though.

What I think it needs is more of the cosplaying, and a better balance between building his character and absolutely everything else. Exclusive focus on a small aspect of one character for many chapters is just bad pacing.

Dex-chan lover
Another chap with little movement in terms of the current project arc, I think it is agonizing because Marin steeled herself to confess then. Each chapter just makes it seem longer and the potential of rivals/drama to happen just goes up each time. That being said, it was nice to have more Marin in the chap, been quite a lot of Gojo recently, I forgot how much I missed the artist drawing her funny side.

Out of curiosity, especially for the people who pushes for the romance aspect of this manga.
What do you think?
Apologies if this is worded weirdly; articulation is my weakness
It's absolutely needed. It's the main hook for me. Seeing the relationship progress is what excites me to read the next chapter. Not saying the manga should be all romance, but the mangaka needs to strive for a balance between the romance and the cosplay stuff.

It's cool to learn about certain aspects of cosplaying, but without the romance, the manga would just be "okay" for me, and I wouldn't be as interested.

Dex-chan lover
with how romance stories usualy go these days, you wouldn't expect a manga so famous to have a pace this glacial and development this poor...

Dex-chan lover
In isolation I liked this chapter, but it kinda all is everything that I’m currently disliking about the series weirdly. Basically I can’t see how Marin’s confession can be a success. Gojo doesn’t seem to have an actual personality anymore let alone any interest in her.

Dex-chan lover
This is an analogy for the fans.

Marin/Fans: I want the two of us to spend time together.
Author: NO COSPLAY COMES FIRST! EVEN ON CHRISTMAS COSPLAY COSPLAY COSPLAY. I MUST FINISH THIS COSPLAY ARC EVEN IF IT KILLS ME
More like "I MUST SHOW THE WORLD THE MIGHT AND BEAUTY OF COSPLAY! I REELED THEM IN WITH FLIRTY BLONDE, NOW THEY WILL KNOW COSPLAY GREATNESS IN FORENSIC DETAIL! COSPLAY IS EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING IS COSPLAY! TISSUES!TISSUESTISSUESWHERESMYREDBULL!!1!"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I remember when stuff used to happen in this series. Maybe a year? two years ago?
Yeah, about a year... I miss the golden age of this series when something good was happening at least every other chapter. Now we've had like 5 straight chapters of him just working on this cosplay. I stopped getting excited when a new chapter released.

Users who are viewing this thread