Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru

hang on, so gyarus are basically manic pixie dream girls that will save our socially inept from mundanity right? God damn this is basically the 2000's all over again

@kinosseur Hah totally forgot about that trope, but it definitely has those vibes huh? I guess this is another step below because Kitagawa is a much more pandering kind of character, ie. shares a common otaku interest, engages in sexual teasing etc, but has yet to really expand the MCs world on a more philosophical level which I feel was a crucial part of the manic pixie dream girl trope. It's not even an entirely new concept in anime/manga as the most common example that probably drew similar comparisons was the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya which is pretty old now (15 years ago holy crap!). I guess gyarus just happen to boil it down to the most base attractive bits for rapid consumption similar to what isekai has done to fantasy.

"That face and smile on the cover art" is this author/artist secretly
[Menea The Dog]?

Forget cosplay, there are weirdos that actually collect handmade dolls, and are willing to pay ridiculous money for them.

...nothing wrong with that obviously, but i always find them creepy, no matter how meticulous the craftwork or how skilled the artisan are.

Wonder why did i unfollow this at some point.

Fed-Kun's army
@ mikegnesium It is a Japanese tradition dating into the Edo-period and on the day for the "girls festival" you take them out and arrange them as some sort of symbol for marriage and keeping bad omen away or whatever. I don't know why people collect them but people collect all sorts of stupid things and in comparison to that collecting dolls and maintaining traditions is a good thing. I don't think that is enough reason to drop a series but who am I to tell you, right? There are many series that take something which I don't understand and build upon into an interesting series (Kono oto tomare and Sangatsu no lion for me)

Group Leader
cute manga but in what universe do these people look like 15 year olds? i can't get over that....

Group Leader
@seynee
cute manga but in what universe do these people look like 15 year olds? i can't get over that....

Reminds me of the club president in Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! who's supposed to be a 3rd year Middle Schooler, but looks and acts like he's at least in the 1st year of college. Mangaka sure seem to like to make some of their characters far more mature and wiser than their chronological age.

Aggregator gang
Jesus christ the MC is such a spineless little shit who's constantly whining and screeching and freaking out.

Makes me miss Rough Sketch Senpai. The male main character there was actually fun to read. This guy I wish she would just tell him 'grow the fuck up' and walk away and leave him forever.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, this is decent. Just like @RedOnYellow said, this MC is a spineless bitch who's socially awkward. Nice fanservice tho. And why in the fuck does he look like 22 years old when he's 15? Anyway this is a easy read so give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread