Sono Monban, Saikyou Nitsuki: Tsuihou Sareta Bougyo Ryoku 9999 no Senshi, Outo no Monban Toshite Musou Suru

Dex-chan lover
Tanks are now popular huh? Anyway most Tank focus classes are useless since they can't dish out damage in party, I mean they can Tank damage but having a healer is better than Tank. Buff, Debuff and Healing is better than some stupid ass shield.
(also healer can be a Tank themself with their stupid ass self heal, so yeh Chad healer > Virgin Tank)

another fired adventurer lel
welp thank for the translation hope to see it more

@Turkeyjerkey - if it were only limited to LN/ WN... look at american comics, same issue with different kind of author... makes me read DB and Naruto all over again; despite questionalbe story-troupes there at least was some character development beyond "MC was always great/ op and was just now recognized"

@MRain I get your logic but its fundamentally wrong, I can say this as a person who mainly plays tank and healer. While you do make some good points, what your forgetting is that a take stabilizes agro, so the boss or other monsters/enemies are not running all over the place tryna kill all the dpsand Support. And most tanks do have some form of debuffs and buffs. Yes most of the buffs are centred around the tank, but you'd normally get 1 or 2 skills dedicated to your team. I could go on and on about how your WRONG. But imma just say that there's a reason my mmorpgs and other team based games have a tank roll. Just think about it a lil bit.

Dex-chan lover
@MRain
Even in Tabletop RPGs, Tanks are a super helpful class.
I'm not much of an expert, but talking to some of my friends who are seasoned vets in tabletop RPGs, the biggest thing is that the tank can endure damage, which is super important when faced with an enemy that can potentially do a party wipe.

Sure, there are classes like the paladin that can do double duty, but they are still a tank though and through.

Last point, MMORPGS were inspired by tabletop RPGs, so why would the roles of tanks would be any different.

Dex-chan lover
@Squidco42 I'm exaggerating on the useless part, Truthfully they aren't really useless I mean if they are useless why would the role even exist in the first place. It just that manga made me hate tank class more with the "If you got no tank ur fuck" theme, It's portraying that Tank is the most important class beg for his mercy and succ his d*k. (also Cleric > Paladik)

In DnD you can have a party without a Tank in MMO well most of the time you need them.

@MRain
Old comment but felt the need to state this. It fully depends on the game or mmorpg on how useful tanking is. Games sometimes don't make a huge need for a tank because they think people won't like to tank. Your complaint about the tank's portrayal in this can also be applied to any healer in almost anything. You can find games where a tank isn't too heavily relied on but its rare to find one where a healer isn't damn near necessary for endgame content. You also didnt notice infer from the chapter that because he focused so much on covering his party defensively that without him none of them have any clue how to act without getting immediately set upon. The only thing he is missing in this manga but its only 1 chapter so who knows yet is an attack that deals a big burst of damage. Tanks normally have big damage AoEs with long CDs in games to balance them out.

after reading the Description all i could say was interesting after reading the fist ch all i could say was FUCKING INTERSTING

Dex-chan lover
This was just added to novel updates : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-strongest-gatekeeper-the-expelled-warrior-with-9999-defense-is-unmatched-as-the-gatekeeper-of-the-royal-capital/

Dex-chan lover
The quality of the art alone has gotten my interest. Hope the story stays smooth and our defender boy gets his long overdue recognition.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I’m pretty sure I’ve read the first part of the description word for word before somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread