Sono Munou, Jitsu wa Sekai Saikyou no Mahoutsukai

Double-page supporter
I really like this one, and the recent release of five chapters really showed the virtuosity of the mangaka. The creativity of the problem presentation, the problem solution, and how it led to the next problem are both full of excellent texture. The art is beautiful and the occasional fenrir pup showing his butt to the screen, looking over his shoulder, while saying he is a big scary fenrir, TOO, while his big scary fenrir mother looks on and sighs is adorable! Excellent scanlation as well.

Dex-chan lover
this might actually be the blandest garbage i've read so far
overused name: check
[reincarnator] is overpowered: check
kicked out by family: check
evil brother: check
first [adventurer's guild] has comically evil looking guy mugging people: check
big strong monster plus horse and cart: check
:sick:
:sick::sick:

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the MC is annoyingly oblivious and bland, even by most standards of this type of story genre. Like
he just goes, oh yeah I just employed monsters as a part of this village's workforce w/o much explanation to the authorities and brought in a bunch of suspicious/rare stuff from out of nowhere, surely this won't cause problems

Its a cheap way to introduce conflict into a story, and it goes the route where the MC can irresponsibly cause problems and then solve them because he's OP. Its like giving an award to the person who put out a fire that they started.

Supporter
This is trash, competently executed.
The art is good enough, the baffled bystanders diverse enough, the plot points just novel enough, to elevate it to mediocrity.
I give it 6/10.

The MC is OP to the point of cringe. Yeah, you just spent artifacts worth a billion gold in order to grow crops worth a few thousand, while asking for no payment. Of course they'll love you. It's just not a very sustainable business model, you know?
But the MC is clearly going to have all the god-tier artifacts he needs.

If he had a finite number of them that had to be rationed out, it would risk making the story interesting, so he doesn't.
If he were smart enough to consider the consequences of his actions, it would risk making the story interesting, so he isn't.
If he had traumas and hangups from his previous life to process, it would risk making the story interesting, so he doesn't.

This is a frustrating manga to read. The author could have aimed for something better, but he didn't even try. He just decided to play the "OP hero" stuff for cheap laughs, like everybody else.

Users who are viewing this thread