Sorting MDlist

Group Leader
Would it be possible to sort MDlist by when a manga was added by a particular user?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
If it's just about the order, we could technically do that by sorting by the ID since they're incremental. What worth that is, I'm not sure.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday Probably it's based on time like the newest bookmarks to the oldest one. Can MD do that too?

I also think it would be neat. Like one day you get 20 new recs and add it to bookmarks at once, next day it would be easier to keep track of which manga we should read cause new added titles will appearing on top

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Syanindita posted:

Probably it's based on time like the newest bookmarks to the oldest one. Can MD do that too?
We don't track the time a manga entry is created (well, technically we do now in a way, but that change is not that old), the order would be based entirely on the ID. We don't track follow times either, and those don't even have IDs, so it's impossible to sort them.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday Ahhh... you don't have to touch the prior MDlist if its too much work, just let them stay as they are..

But sorting by timely added will work starting after MD team implemented that feature..

Edit : Ohh late to understand, so MD team have difficulty how to sort them by adding time?

Double-page supporter
> Not difficult, impossible. The data just does not exist.

Aren't follows stored in DB in order they were added? Like "follows" field is initially empty, when I add manga in becomes "id1". Add more it becomes "id1,id2,id3". Remove one - "id1, id3". Add more "id1,id3,id4,id5". So technically there shouldn't be problems sorting it in order they were added. It wouldn't be exactly "by date" but pretty much the same. Am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread