Soukyuu no Ariadne - Vol. 13 Ch. 118 - Flying Cities

Dex-chan lover
Big brain time: the older Sieg that came back home is actually the Sieg from 10 years in the future, and this is an attempt to rewrite the timeline to fix whatever led to the cataclysm and the flying cities.

Fed-Kun's army
last two chapters got me like
c25hHAG.png

Dex-chan lover
@thegoatrider @abear the author don't have anything in his sleeve. From his previous interview when he finished claymore, he said that having a story 'planned out'will just narrow down his imagination.

Just an interesting trivia you might wanna know :)

@Siderealist well initially seemed liked that but seems he reverts to his original age this chapter and a 10 year time difference wouldnt age him that much.

@HakaishinAndroid616 I'm assuming shes still on the flying city I'm worried she wont still be a loving sister to lacile

Dex-chan lover
Here we go again... Time Paradox!

Damn, this was completely unexpected. But here are my thoughts:

>1- On what basis Pipi is the daughter of the Emperor Barbaros and for what purpose Sieg took her? And how did Sieg not knew Leana was one of the girls that he saved back then?

>2- Something don't goes well with Leana being just 15 years old right now and having came from the future... In chapter 62 Popol talks something about her powers having something to do with rewinding time. In that same chapter Lord Lululola talks about Leana's body being different. So, maybe it's not just 10 times in the future, but much more.

>3- What about Meme? Is she that strange girl with full plate armor that is one of the Knights of Ariadne, or is she dead?

>4- If she came from the Future to have the Founding Light and save Ariadne and get Lacille before he dies:
>>4.1- Maybe Leana's powers took many years to manifest, that's why she went to the past to try and save everyone with the power of the Founding Light;
>>4.2- She actually found the Founding Light in the future, but being too deep in shit, she could not save Ariadne and then choose to go the past;
>>4.3- She actually went to the past to get the power BEFORE Barbaros kills Lacille in front of her infant self and to prevent the Bad Ending in which Ariadne is;
>>4.4- She went to the past to try and save Lacille before Barbaros kills him, failed when he died by Barbaros in the canyon and decided she would need the power of the Founding Light to save the future;
>>4.5- She have great powers, but knows she can't save the future, so her hope was to go back to the past and have Lacille use the Founding Light to save the world against Barbaros or someone else;

There's some other open questions, but these are all I can think for now. Yagi is making an amazing job getting me confused with this chapter.

Thanks for the hard work translating this chapter and doing that timeline!

c1

I don't normally like time travel plots but this is actually getting pretty interesting!

To the people wondering about what happens to Meme and about the origin of Leana's powers. Here are some spoilers for up to chapter 125:

Do you guys, remember the mystery of the death of the Lusa King back during chapters 42 and 43? Well in the raws for chapters 120 and 121, it gets revealed that the killer is none other than Barbaros himself.

Well Barbaros also found the Founding Light apparently and did something to it, causing changes in the world.

It also gets revealed that both Barbaros and his daughters are part Lusa too. Which explains why that Lusa tribesman was able to sense Leana's powers back during the Tomb of the Lusa King arc.

Also this explains why Leana has those powers like how she revived Lacile after he died during chapter 4 and also on how she saved all those Rato villagers during from that dragon during the Rato versus Tsuta arc.

About Meme, well she gets captured by Barbaros.

You can see Meme with her father back in Ariadne during the most newest chapters of the raws - chapters 124 and 125.

For some reason apparently Barbaros needs both his daughters with him in order to use the full extent of his powers. This explains why he wants both Leana and her sister.

@Mogima Is that so? Awesome trivia 😁
I read: "the story is alive, as are my characters, and they write their own story".
Best way to create something interesting and original IMO.

I really can't help giggling immaturely when Lacile is all like "Are you my Pipi?"

Double-page supporter
Hmm... interesting but it does conflict with some of the stuff at the beginning of the manga. Or Leana was just BSing when calling "Knight of the Blue Sky" an ancient title.

Oh god, the time travel. It convolutes every plot it gets mixed into. Im still enjoying the hell out of this series.

why is noone talking about the fact that there are no floating cities but there is no planet earth anymore??? THIS IS INSANE? MY BRAIN GOES BONKERS

really good twist

also this explains the gravitational pull of the floating city dwellers. in reality they are more or less floating around in "space"

Users who are viewing this thread