Soulmate

Dex-chan lover
awwhh read it 3 month ago, but! It's masterpiece ! in 2021 I'll re-read it !

i binge read this in like 4hrs..its so great..
kinda confusing on the last chapter but i manage to figure it out...this is really a masterpiece..its like the million dollar question: "what would you do if you could go back in time" aahhh...10/10..

Dex-chan lover
Spoiler for chapter 4 below!

A key part of the premise of this series is unfortunately very very flawed. It's based on a misconception that I really hate seeing perpetuated:

It seems to me that the author is mixing up Type I and Type II diabetes. Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease which usually has a juvenile onset. If it were to go untreated or very poorly managed over a long period of time, it could certainly cause kidney failure by 27. (Although DKA and a diabetic coma is more likely to lead to death if the management is that bad.) TYPE 1 DIABETES IS NOT CAUSED BY DIET, LACK OF EXERCISE, OR ANYTHING ELSE BEYOND GENETICS!!!!! Type I is managed by taking insulin. Type I diabetics can pretty much eat whatever they want without risking their health, as long as they take the right amount of insulin and manage their blood sugar closely. Some foods make it easier than others.

Type II diabetes is rarely diagnosed in juveniles, and onset is most common around age 45. Poorly managed T2 can lead to organ failure as well. It's caused by diet and being overweight, among many, many other factors that are not completely understood. It's exceedingly unlikely that someone would have had T2 long enough to have kidney failure at age 27. Diet and avoiding high-sugar foods is an important factor in manging T2.

In short: Type 1 is what kids/young adults usually have and it's NOT CAUSED BY EATING SUGAR! Type 2 is what your grandma probably has. BOTH can be managed with modern medicine and you can live a long, healthy life with them.

Other than that though good-ass yuri

A wholesome story that'll captivate you and leave you wanting more. If you're considering reading it, stop considering it and read the manhua already.

Fed-Kun's army
@stewmberto
Techincally bad genetics can make you more likely to develop type 2 diabetes at a younger age and bad genetics can put you at higher risk for kidney failure. The odds of her getting type 2 diabtes AND having acute kidney failure at her age is pretty damn low, but its not impossible. I think its more odd that they think she is gunna die so soon. Most people in their late 20s get an extra 20 years from using a dialysis machine. So her dying from it in like 2 years is fucking crazy.

Fed-Kun's army
I am genuinely at a loss for words. A masterly crafted story of self realization and love that just feels too real. Great character development and a great story. What else can you ask for?

Dex-chan lover
It hurt my brain a bit to understand what was happening at times, but that was a good story <3

Such a beautiful piece of art, I loved everything about that story, the tenderness is touching. Thank you so much for this wonderful work.

Users who are viewing this thread