Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 110.2 - The Adventures of the Hero Himmel

Group Leader
Hold up, wait a minute, something ain't right.

Bros that grew up in an orphanage and one didn't grow to be extremely jealous of the other nor did one grow up to be an insufferable asshole? Say it ain't so!
Is that a BlazBlue reference?

The writing seems a little different, I guess because they are side stories.

But the art feels wildly different. People have been commenting on the expressions. It feels off. Is this a different artist?

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAAA
asd.png

But the art feels wildly different. People have been commenting on the expressions. It feels off. Is this a different artist?
These extras are done by other writers/artists but I don't know who. I'm guessing it's some celebratory thing like the JoJo extras.

Dex-chan lover

Different artists. Apparently these recent uploads are drawn from a disappointing anthology.

Dex-chan lover
I cant quite put my finger on it but the art work feels slightly more stiff than usual? And some of the angles seem a bit awkward.

Fun read regardless though.

Aggregator gang
While I like seeing more backstory for Himmel and Heiter, I can't help but feel like the vibe is completely off in this side-chapter. I'm so used to the melancholy tone of the main story that this just feels very, very strange to read. Even thought it's Heiter telling Fern about Himmel, and it should be sad, I just couldn't pick up on it at all. It's, like... Upbeat? I guess. Defs weird, and I don't think I like it :(
I think that’s the point? Melancholic is the word I’d describe the mood of the main plot, but this is a grandad telling a story to a kid. It’s akin to a fairy tale.

Dex-chan lover
Himmel was out there stacking bodies from a young age. No wonder he's the hero.

Dex-chan lover

As i read on ANN, it's will be 5 one-shots from various mangaka to celebrate something. And yeah, as people said, it probably better make another antology page

Users who are viewing this thread