Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 124 - The Shadow Warrior

Group Leader
So, a demon infiltrate the Empire's higher echelons?
Or, good ol' fantasy royalty that hates when an "upstart" gains a reputation?
Either that, or they're doing shady experiments.

Thanks for the TL
Most likely the Empire was planning an invasion decades ago and set up sleeper agents to neutralize high value threats to the plan. Of course the Empire either called off or failed the invasion and that priest was never told, so he's just been there killing anyone that's on the list until he dies.

God damn bastards, i need more... now i need to w8 for week or two. Something tells me Stark will stand up first think in next chapter, like warrior spirit or some voodoo :D

Dex-chan lover
The list targeted specifically adventurers, so, it must be something, they don't want people from outside to discover and then spread the news I guess.
The demons probably have some level of control over the empire even though the "demon king" was killed. Adventurers would likely be able to tell as well as much more likely to spread the word. Maybe there exists a situation like "The Promised Neverland" or something. Also, adventurers are not as easily controlled since they won't have any local connections to threaten by the state.

Dex-chan lover
Something rotten is happening in the Empire. This kill order was given several decades ago. Wonder if it had anything to do with that demoness in Frieren's past who should be closer now to complete her plan (whatever it may be).

Dex-chan lover
Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young.

Radar probably has a lot of experience dealing with mages too, so Fern might last longer than Stark, but she'll probably get taken out too and then it's a one V one with Frieren. I was wondering when another extremely strong non-mage human would appear. When it comes to demons, mosters and other mages Frieren has her fair share of experience, but an ordinary human who's also a seasoned assassin under the mask of a kind old man might prove tricky. She'll win, but Radar might prove to be a challenge, especially if Frieren tries holding back, I doubt she'd want to kill him even if he wants to kill her. Himmel and the others might have been on one of these lists too but already might have dealt with their own assassins.

Dex-chan lover
So, a demon infiltrate the Empire's higher echelons?
Or, good ol' fantasy royalty that hates when an "upstart" gains a reputation?
Either that, or they're doing shady experiments.

Thanks for the TL
The demon idea is good, as it has been shown already that countries seem oddly receptive of demons, and that they are evolved to fool their food.

But personally I feel it's just some stupid "Fashion demands we use middle-aged men as the heroes (maybe even old rulers etc.?), but the real deal might get aggravated if they enter our territory and finds out, and go to the capital to mete out punishment for this impersonation. So let's kill them if they appear!"

Users who are viewing this thread