Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 124 - The Shadow Warrior

Dex-chan lover
My poin is that, the author is shitting on him the most. Himel And Eisen also a warrior but they don't get beaten to death whenever they fight an enemy.

When he always got beaten in early chapter, I can understand that since he still not an experience fighter. But in this late chapter seeing him got knocked out just by kick to the gut by the old man is too much.
I slept on this chapter. Now that I read it again in the morning it's sour. Why is Stark always just Snarf?

Dex-chan lover
I had a silly thought. After this they go to the capital of the empire which uses many of Flamme her old golems (like the cooking golem we saw in an earlier chapter). Then Frieren just commands them to cease function and leaves with the words, they dont deserve using these golems etc.

And because she was Flamme her pupil and was there when they were made has something like the second highest authority after Flamme, the creator, herself.

It seems to me that the Empire has become a fascist state.

With the demon threat now largely quelled, its political class is looking to regain its old borders and reconquer the southern lands. Much like Mussolini's Italy seeking to re-establish the borders of Rome.

Frieren's list would seem to be about killing those that might hold the cultural capital to put a stop to this.

So, a demon infiltrate the Empire's higher echelons?
Or, good ol' fantasy royalty that hates when an "upstart" gains a reputation?
Either that, or they're doing shady experiments.

Thanks for the TL
Macht was involved in dirty politics before, so unsurprising that there are real dirty politics left behind.

It seems to me that the Empire has become a fascist state.

With the demon threat now largely quelled, its political class is looking to regain its old borders and reconquer the southern lands. Much like Mussolini's Italy seeking to re-establish the borders of Rome.

Frieren's list would seem to be about killing those that might hold the cultural capital to put a stop to this.
It's not a matter of became for me. This smacks of being "it always is." There could be multiple corrupt empires fighting each other.

Dex-chan lover
Ha, Fern was miffed at Freiren for butting in on her piggyback.
Thanks for the chapter

Most likely the Empire was planning an invasion decades ago and set up sleeper agents to neutralize high value threats to the plan. Of course the Empire either called off or failed the invasion and that priest was never told, so he's just been there killing anyone that's on the list until he dies.
How did he cover up the bodies all this time though?

Dex-chan lover
I'd just chalk Stark losing to old man (seemingly) with one swift blow as homage to DQ/JRPG boss logic.
Or something like that

Fed-Kun's army
The Empire is shady as fuck, can't wait for it to be explored more. The most dangerous human group out there

Uh... This leaves a rather sour taste after the previous episode... More even with him getting knocked out so easily... with a knee to the gut...

Fed-Kun's army
Of course he got bodied, curious as to why she is on it, and feel like they may be underestimating her.

Fed-Kun's army
Stark is sooooooo weak i can't anymore 🤣
He get low diffed by everyone and their mother too

Users who are viewing this thread