Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 126 - A New Mission

These guys don't really fit in. At least the threat they seemingly pose. There are mages hundreds if not thousands years of age and these guys (or with similar martial provess) never been utilized against any of these mages? Since they are apperently scared shitless and pretty easy to kill as the old fart demonstrated last chapter. No mage would live past 30 with them around.

Also for someone who is so detacted from worldly affairs after the subjugation, its fairly easy to drag Frieren in to any sort of plan for some reason.

Well the shadow warriors received extensive specialized anti-mage training. It takes time to even train a handful of them, so I doubt they would've created a big enough force in time to pose a threat to all mages

And frieren went along with the mission because fern did, plus there is a chance of a reward

Dex-chan lover
I like the scary gal. I enjoy how she's technically pretty dangerous, but she doesn't seem to have any real inclination to go wild so its... fine? Good luck, four-eyes.

Dex-chan lover
Highly recommend to people to read the official free Viz translation this week instead. Something happened with this translation, like they put it through a chatgpt thesaurus filter and spat out the most awkward overly verbose dialogue. I'd almost rather read straight MTL.
You can actually get a pretty decent translation out of MTL with some good editing, which most likely would be good enough to compete with a novice translator. For a lot of manga that wouldn't have been picked up by a proper group normally, I think that a decently edited MTL release is good enough honestly.

One of the issues with Viz is that that they're not available outside of the US or without a VPN. Since I don't want to pay for VPN and the free ones have lost a lot of functionality lately, you used to be able to select country VPN with the free ones earlier but now they're becoming a lot worse than they were, I'll have to wait until the releases are uploaded on an aggregator before I can read them.

Dex-chan lover
I like the scary gal. I enjoy how she's technically pretty dangerous, but she doesn't seem to have any real inclination to go wild so its... fine? Good luck, four-eyes.
Thing is that she's been all talk. She killed the first class mage by accident, and she killed bandits in self defence, though she obviously lured them in to kill them like she did when Kraft intercepted. We still don't really know how much of a murder hobo she really is. We'll probably learn more about her this arc.

I really think this chapter was intentionally made to have ass dialogue.

If i had to guess, the influx of anime nerds brought with them the unavoidable assholes who shit on everything and, doing what they do best, decided to shit on the TL's TL instead of just enjoying their work.

Of course that'd be just fine, unless the TL actually got butthurt and decided to punish us, who have been enjoying their TLs for a really long while, just to get back at the few dicks who dissed their fly TLs. I say this because i'm assuming the TL is the dude who has had to take care of their sick mother for a long time. If that's you, thanks for all the effort, it's really appreciated.

Going back to the whole dinamic of this last chapter's dialogue, i do believe some cloaca looking motherlover said the TL's TL either sucked because it was too verbose, or not verbose enough. Either way, thin skins were pierced and shats were shat on the TL's TL's dialogue.

Kinda makes me want to make my own TL with absolute ass dialogues, possibly in the stile of stereotypical gang related lingo and stuff and upload it just to mess with the group, since in my eyes they did this to mess with the dicks yet this long time reader (yours truly) got caught in the probervial fan hitting shit spray.

Probably won't tho, too bussy doing nothing.

Dex-chan lover
nothing but contempt for the shadow warriors or their idiotic practice of blindly killing people just cuz someone slipped them a list. I look forward to Frieren & co ripping em to shreds if not physically, then at least metaphorically.
....bitch thats literally what they were trained for, that sounds like " damn those soldiers are shooting their target, what a bunch of idiots" do you get how dumb it sounds?

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, I so can relate to Land. I'd be running if Übel came knocking at the door as well :worry:
To think he wouldn't use a doppelgänger for once... And despite Übel being quite simple-minded, she isn't stupid so if she really was after his life he'd be quite in a pinch.

Also a Stark headpat :wooow:
Poor guy getting the weirdest compliments from Frieren...

Ty for the TL!

Aggregator gang

is this some sort of early April Fools joke

I had the exact same experience, Kirei really broke out the thesaurus this chapter for everyone's dialogue. I went "oh is it april 1st alrea—wait, that's a month out???" and then went and checked some of their other recent releases to see if this was just something they always did that I never noticed.

I've read a few Kirei series, and looking at their recent releases it seems like they're usually good about matching the... verbosity? to the tone of a manga... and I think they usually handle Frieren's dialogue well enough, but I feel they went way too hard here and it REALLY stands out. Appreciate the TL regardless, just... dial it back a little, maybe? Or if the raws were uncharacteristically pretentious at least make a TL note about it so we don't wonder if it's already april.

Dex-chan lover

If i had to guess, the influx of anime nerds brought with them the unavoidable assholes who shit on everything and, doing what they do best, decided to shit on the TL's TL instead of just enjoying their work.

Of course that'd be just fine, unless the TL actually got butthurt and decided to punish us, who have been enjoying their TLs for a really long while, just to get back at the few dicks who dissed their fly TLs. I say this because i'm assuming the TL is the dude who has had to take care of their sick mother for a long time. If that's you, thanks for all the effort, it's really appreciated.

Going back to the whole dinamic of this last chapter's dialogue, i do believe some cloaca looking motherlover said the TL's TL either sucked because it was too verbose, or not verbose enough. Either way, thin skins were pierced and shats were shat on the TL's TL's dialogue.

Kinda makes me want to make my own TL with absolute ass dialogues, possibly in the stile of stereotypical gang related lingo and stuff and upload it just to mess with the group, since in my eyes they did this to mess with the dicks yet this long time reader (yours truly) got caught in the probervial fan hitting shit spray.

Probably won't tho, too bussy doing nothing.
I recommend using zoomer lingo. Works like a charm.

Dex-chan lover
Frieren doesn't have to be there, why would she accept the mission?
Uhm she didn't
But Fern did. So they might as well tag along to support her. Fern is the most responsible / adult person out of their trio anyway, Frieren and Stark are just big babies, no can do letting them off on their own :pepela:

Double-page supporter
It would be hilarious if Stark saves here, and she goes doki doki for the first time in her life.
An elf from the mythical age competing with a modern human age for Stark's affection would be hilarious. Just for the absurdity.
That would be a nice twist lol

Dex-chan lover
Everytime I see glasses dude all I can think of is the "me and the bad bitch I pulled by being autistic" meme.

Also excited for the new arc.
Looks like it can be a fun arc. I hope it isn't a 24 chapter arc though, I like the shorter ones a bit better. The long arcs have a tendency to drag on a bit, and especially for Macht arc with all the breaks and hiatuses it was a chore.

Dex-chan lover
Omg Übel and Land interaction
fbTPJnA.png

It should have been me :qq:

Dex-chan lover
Looks like it can be a fun arc. I hope it isn't a 24 chapter arc though, I like the shorter ones a bit better. The long arcs have a tendency to drag on a bit, and especially for Macht arc with all the breaks and hiatuses it was a chore.
I think the hiatus might've to do with the anime preparation as I recall the anime announcement is around that arc.

Personally I don't think longer arc is that bad. I recall magic exam arc was alright despite being long too.

Users who are viewing this thread