Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 130 - Beneath the Surface

Dex-chan lover
I can't think of a single better time to go on an indefinite hiatus than right in the middle of complex political maneuverings. Surely the entire audience will keep the complex web of motivations and power structures comfortably in their head for the howevermany months it takes for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
Sense being adorable for back-to-back chapters!

Also, yea, Frieren waking up early is a rarity, and a sign of crazy things to come.

Too bad we gonna have to wait for possibly a long while. Hopefully not 50 years 😅

Dex-chan lover
Given the current position Denken is, both a high ranking imperial mage and a first class mage for the CMA then add his recent achievements in releasing Weiss from it's slumber, I do understand why the empire and the CMA are keeping their distance from him. The man is so extremely influential at the moment that a single flick of his finger can cause one of the influential mage organizations on the content to implode.

If Denken is being kept out of the loop between the Empire and the CMA's business dealings then there a possibility that a massive reform is occurring within the empire for magical special forces to be on the move. Something so massive that somebody sent Shadow Warriors to deal with Serie.

Dex-chan lover
It's a crime that NONE OF YOU is talking about this ABSOLUTE FIRE OF A SENTENCE

image.png

Dex-chan lover
After this chapter, I am very close to 100% convinced that Kanone is Lineal, as was suggested last chapter in the comments. On top of the ample existing evidence, Denken in this chapter hints at the possibility of Kanone having more than one mission/authority, and in general, it would be weird for Kanone to get this much focus if she wasn't going to be someone of significance to the arc.

Sucks to see another hiatus, both because of the obvious lack of chapters, but also because it's hard not to worry about the health of the creative team after the repeated hiatuses in the past. I really hope everyone is OK and that they are just taking a break to plan and recharge because the publisher understands that this is a golden goose & doesn't want to burn a newer creative team out.

Dex-chan lover
Just when I thought Denken wasn't in this arc, here he is! I thought Denken served in the southern capital, but he served in the militaristic empire. And he's a renowned badass and court schemer. This does a lot to power-scale our foes at around Denken's level.

Could be, as others speculated, an anime planning hiatus. Could also be the author wanted to tighten the corners of this major arc. I have faith it will be back and very very good, because the set up has been hype. Evil combat mages! UbelxLand! Denken! let's gooooo.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why this subplot about a potential punishment for this guy is suddenly brought up, or maybe it was just an excuse to throw attention towards Denken, and how he is not fully trusted by either side, cause he has stakes on both ends.
Seems like it was mostly intended as a way to both introduce Denken and further develop Kanone (since if she is Lineal, as seems likely, she will need more screentime before the reveal).

Users who are viewing this thread