Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 132 - Pursuit

Dex-chan lover
it's very likely some tracking magic to find their meeting place
That would also make sense with the title being "Pursuit". I just assumed it would've been the same teleportation/storage/etc magic that Frieren and Fern use on their staves to pull them out of nowhere.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of intricate plots happening and no chapters next week. Orz

At least that’s an excuse to re-read a from a few chapters back everytime a new one come out.

Dex-chan lover
If she wants Stark with her, there's a good reason. But that's from her perspective, and her perspective is often just weird.

There are a lot of sus people around. Some are better at hiding it than others.

I like the hairy lady. Long hair is neat.

Frieren is pouty. She's cute.

Dex-chan lover
Frieren going on hiatus every chapter for a week or two is certainly something that is happening... anyone knows a reason as to why ? Is the author sick or something ?
No clue, but planning for an anime season can be a pretty significant tax on the mangaka's time. Sometimes they can be very hands-off with the production, but usually they wind up integral to the work of the scriptwriter, the storyboarders, the character designers, advertising teams (including key art and extra comics for physical releases), etc.

It could easily just be that.

Last edited:
Contributor
Frieren going on hiatus every chapter for a week or two is certainly something that is happening... anyone knows a reason as to why ? Is the author sick or something ?
Second season of the anime is coming out soon, she probably has to stay on top of it to make sure the story is up to quality.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh, was her smelling the blood on her hair a hint? Did she notice blood on the peddler's hands?
She already noticed something when she insisted for Stark to go with her, since she was going to be in the danger zone distance from a warrior, where she would be vulnerable as a mage.

She probably also confirmed it when she saw the peddler's hands, the way she noticed the old assassin's hands in that last town.

Dex-chan lover
"there is no Frieren next week"
a5rK0z1.jpeg

See you lads in a few months 👋

Fed-Kun's army
You know Frieren is going to vent against the full conspiracy group, right? Then she'll retort "things happened, a mimic tried to swallow me and I got my money back. Ah, and the mission is completed".
Overestimating Frieren a bit much aren't we

In this very chapter we saw her asking Stark to tag along before she talked with the merchant dude

The author is making a very clear point here of how dangerous warriors (and specially shadow warriors) are to mages under certain scenarios (like for instance a surprise attack or close combat)

Remember Frieren got neg-diffed fighting against an old, semi-retired shadow warrior just before we entered this arc

Individually she's certainly stronger than any of them if given enough space between them, but I don't think she's just going there to destroy all of them and call it a day. I don't think that's what the story is going for at all, it would defeat the whole purpose of what has been built regarding the dangers warriors pose to mages in the last 10 or so chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread