Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 132 - Pursuit

Fern mentioning decades and seeing Frieren's rare mood for the second time makes me realize how many years have past since the journey began. Also...

NO FRIEREN NEXT WEEK!? NOOOO!

I want Frieren every week!

:qq:

Dex-chan lover
Well... We gonna see more of secret shadow warriors from empire. Cuz they're so skilled,

Dex-chan lover
Ahh, was her smelling the blood on her hair a hint? Did she notice blood on the peddler's hands?
I think the main reason Frieren's searching out the shadow warriors might be because she knows they're cannon fodder, and she's more or less saving their lives from being killed by Sense or the others. That she didn't want to tell Sense and her secrecy might be part of that. Remember that Frieren is basically neutral in this case, being both on the empire and indirectly mage association sidebecause of Fern. Frieren didn't kill the old guy either, she probably doesn't want to kill anyone unless she has to is my guess.

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand this perception the fandom has that Frieren is Saitama of the universe or something like that 😂

Just prior to this arc she lost against a single old, semi-retired shadow warrior

Damn, the fandom perception doesn't even make for an interesting story. What is the point If frieren could simply defeat anyone anytime she wants, with no problem at all?

The plot line for this arc has been built around the idea that mages are basically sitting ducks against warriors if they launch a surprise attack at close combat, and that in general there's not much mages can do in close combat against warriors with a few exceptions (Frieren is NOT included in the exceptions)
It is probably grounded in the fact that she easily wipes any foes she has, whenever she decides to get serious. And as we got to see in the hairy-arc arc, she is absolutely godlike when compared to anyone but her own disciple.

But no, for this current plotline it is likely more grounded in that the opponents are scrubs who are so far down the powerscaling that it is no longer considered worth getting screentime against her party for any reason beyond comedic relief (usually she would hold back to let the kids gain exp). The only thing they got going for themselves is stealth, and frieren has already proven stealth to not work against her at all - and that she is a master beyond anyone else but elf-girl, in that aspect.

Dex-chan lover
I will never understand this perception the fandom has that Frieren is Saitama of the universe or something like that 😂

Just prior to this arc she lost against a single old, semi-retired shadow warrior

Damn, the fandom perception doesn't even make for an interesting story. What is the point If frieren could simply defeat anyone anytime she wants, with no problem at all?

The plot line for this arc has been built around the idea that mages are basically sitting ducks against warriors if they launch a surprise attack at close combat, and that in general there's not much mages can do in close combat against warriors with a few exceptions (Frieren is NOT included in the exceptions)
I'm waiting for you to get btfo when frieren really did put tracking magic on those coins

See you... Later than next week lol

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if it was just me but man, this chapter felt tense. Like the calm before the storm but if the calm had your hairs standing on end.

Double-page supporter
I want to smell Sense's hair too... 😭

As someone said here, it isn't likely for the trio to spy around for this assassins' meeting because they can't win if things go awry.

Dex-chan lover
Looking how Frieren dragged Stark along in her purchase, I'm pretty sure she already knew something about Gazelle. Maybe it was to verify who really was their target now as she was on the list.

As for those tagged money, I guess it was to monitor their movement and having a meeting before their mission could have already compromised them actually.

Are they planning on snooping on the secret meeting? If so, I don’t know if the three of them will be able to resist all eight opponents when things inevitably go hot. I wonder what will happen? Also there’s no way Denken gets sidelined this early.
i assume frieren either retreats when she senses their numbers or still snoop in with a backup plan

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Frieren wasn't actually sulking but rather, was focusing on the tagged coins. She just didn't want to be bothered and once they all assembled, she immediately started to move. And of course, she brought Stark with because he's the only Warrior among them (so the only one that can fight them head-on).

Frieren really needs to tell her intentions to everyone. She's too used being solo.

Dex-chan lover
Frieren gonna kick the crap of these guys
Nope, she can't touch them, they are shadow warriors, that is why she brought Stark, and probably that wont cut it either, he lacks experience. But this is a shonen anyways so it might work out.

Users who are viewing this thread