Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 132 - Pursuit

Dex-chan lover
Ah...I see.
It seems Frieren already knew who was the secret agent watching them around the town, and I bet Frieren put some tracking spell in that coin when she gave some to the stallholder.

Dex-chan lover
Did I forget about these characters, or are some of them new? I hope we didn't just get another slate of characters we have no real connection to.

I think I'll just drop this manga for a while if this plot thread doesn't go somewhere interesting soon. If I just wanted Frieren making cute faces I could just look at fan art.

Contributor
Overestimating Frieren a bit much aren't we

In this very chapter we saw her asking Stark to tag along before she talked with the merchant dude

The author is making a very clear point here of how dangerous warriors (and specially shadow warriors) are to mages under certain scenarios (like for instance a surprise attack or close combat)

Remember Frieren got neg-diffed fighting against an old, semi-retired shadow warrior just before we entered this arc

Individually she's certainly stronger than any of them if given enough space between them, but I don't think she's just going there to destroy all of them and call it a day. I don't think that's what the story is going for at all, it would defeat the whole purpose of what has been built regarding the dangers warriors pose to mages in the last 10 or so chapters.
You couldn't accept a little joke?

Double-page supporter
Zee plooooot thickens.

Love how Falsch (german for wrong) easy discerns that the vase was a fake. He can tell truth and lie apart with that name.

Double-page supporter
It seems like Frieren is acting a bit on her own instead of just doing what is in the best interest of the mage association. I wonder if this is true and what is her goal.

Dex-chan lover
Frieren totally knew what was up when she asked Stark to follow her and she looked real close at him. The tension was unreal this chapter.

She is about to crash the whole damn meeting while asking for a refund isn't she?

Also no Frieren next week?! immensely sad.

Dex-chan lover
Overestimating Frieren a bit much aren't we

In this very chapter we saw her asking Stark to tag along before she talked with the merchant dude

The author is making a very clear point here of how dangerous warriors (and specially shadow warriors) are to mages under certain scenarios (like for instance a surprise attack or close combat)

Remember Frieren got neg-diffed fighting against an old, semi-retired shadow warrior just before we entered this arc

Individually she's certainly stronger than any of them if given enough space between them, but I don't think she's just going there to destroy all of them and call it a day. I don't think that's what the story is going for at all, it would defeat the whole purpose of what has been built regarding the dangers warriors pose to mages in the last 10 or so chapters.
just like surprise attacks are deadly to a mage so are they to a warrior, i dont think that she will deal with all of them, but i doubt some of them wont die.

Dex-chan lover
Did I forget about these characters, or are some of them new? I hope we didn't just get another slate of characters we have no real connection to.

I think I'll just drop this manga for a while if this plot thread doesn't go somewhere interesting soon. If I just wanted Frieren making cute faces I could just look at fan art.
its literally a bunch of assassins from the empire, literally tasked with frieren death(and other things), there is a need for a build up, the only reason it seems slow even through we only had like 4 chapters of build up(not counting ubel and her boyfriend arc) of these guys it seems like a long time because the manga is constantly pausing, which sucks ngl

Dex-chan lover

You remember the guy with the eye patch who was watching frieren? He contacted this undercover sleeper agent guy, who then contacted all his sleeper agent friends so that they can fight/assasinate these foreign mages together. That's basically all we know about them.

Fed-Kun's army
Schritt's a dude!?

Well I guess instead of a cool and pretty Woman we got a cool and pretty dude. Not complaining either way lol.

Wonder if Frieren knew something was up with Gazelle, probably seeing as she hesitated a moment and infused the coins with magic or somethinng like that.
If we have ikemen onna, then we can also have oneesan otoko.

She's not a dude

It was a mistake. Kirei cake is going to update it

Dex-chan lover
You know Frieren is going to vent against the full conspiracy group, right? Then she'll retort "things happened, a mimic tried to swallow me and I got my money back. Ah, and the mission is completed".
I am feeling like she will appear in the middle of the current meeting, demanding a refund. And get attacked as they think they have to "silence" her, getting wiped in the process and the whole plot fails in its cradle.

Fed-Kun's army
I am feeling like she will appear in the middle of the current meeting, demanding a refund. And get attacked as they think they have to "silence" her, getting wiped in the process and the whole plot fails in its cradle.
I will never understand this perception the fandom has that Frieren is Saitama of the universe or something like that 😂

Just prior to this arc she lost against a single old, semi-retired shadow warrior

Damn, the fandom perception doesn't even make for an interesting story. What is the point If frieren could simply defeat anyone anytime she wants, with no problem at all?

The plot line for this arc has been built around the idea that mages are basically sitting ducks against warriors if they launch a surprise attack at close combat, and that in general there's not much mages can do in close combat against warriors with a few exceptions (Frieren is NOT included in the exceptions)

Users who are viewing this thread