Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Mage's Secret

Double-page supporter
so this manga is her way of dealing with grief. for an extremly long livedspecies seeing people die of old age must be hard, especially if their close friends.

Double-page supporter
The saddest part of this story is that she has the power to write her memories about the Hero's journey and immortalize her friends, yet her own "inmaturity" and perception of time doesn't allow her to see the frailty of their legacy.

The way she acts like Himmel is her driving force really shows how much she loved and still loves him 🥺🥺🥺 wonder if Himmel loved her when he was alive but she just never realized it bc if he did I’m really cryin in the club rn 😭😭

Aggregator gang
Finally, first chapter of this series that didn't make me cry.. but it's still a little sad.

Aggregator gang
Thank god it's a weekly series, I was sure it'd be monthly. Totally down for weekly Frieren.

Dex-chan lover
everybody gangsta till the bandit adventurers start giving out info on where to get good candy

Fed-Kun's army
@frenchfry pretty sure all 4 of em loved each other in a familial way. You can see at how Heiter acts like an older brother to Frieren and how the dwarf (sorry I forgot his name) even cheers her up during Himmel's funeral when people were badmouthing her. I don't see this as romance, more as a family.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sad over the fact that they always count the time based on how much time has passed after the hero passed away. Like 😥😢😢

MD@Home
This story reaaally nails the bittersweetness of being essentially ageless and seeing all your loved one grow up and die in a blink of an eye. It's heart-wrenching.

Contributor
I'm sorry but is this one of those coming-of-age stories? The pacing's pretty fast, i'm guessing this will be like "To You, Immortal"

Users who are viewing this thread