Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Mage's Secret

Grapes sourer the better for dwarf. Earlier (ch3?) she had learned useless household spell for turning sweet grapes to sour.
Really enjoying this whole mood.

Dex-chan lover
@Avenger88id Coincidence aside, the significance of Frieren seeking magic was explained last chapter. She isn't particularly interested in the magics themselves, but rather she uses magic as an excuse and a medium to interact with people, paying homage to her party members.

Is she going to go see the dwarf and give him some sour grapes?

Dex-chan lover
This is most definitely the most beautifully bittersweet manga I've ever read.
I was not expecting this when I started reading. I thought I was just going to get some fantasy world slice of life, not an unexpected sight-seeing trip on the Feels-Train.

@dethduck
I remember many but not by name
Bard leon if you wish to read
And that one " girl sold to b wife of a handicap son of a wealthy merchant in pre ww2 japan"
Found it https://mangadex.org/title/17883/taishou-otome-otogibanashi

Fed-Kun's army
This is the first chapter when Frieren didn't end up on her knees, face-down. Although it happened to her twice in Chapter 1, so maybe this one was just a break to keep the average to once per chapter.

One of these days there will be a chapter where fern dies and I will never be ready for that

Dex-chan lover
Dwarf in flashback, "Mine's grapes; the sourer the better."

Oof, right in the feels. That's why she learned the magic to make sweet grapes sour before. :(

Double-page supporter
Of course Hokuto no Ken villains have the most knowledge about candy stores !

Users who are viewing this thread