Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Killing Magic

Aggregator gang
Himmel really seen to held special feelings to Frieren and Frieren in turn also seen comfortable and liking their time together, every new chapters seems to show that, but probably held back due to him respecting her feelings as a long lived race.

Dex-chan lover
Oof. Getting sealed really sucks, if all your achievements are simply overcome. Yeah, at that point, you might as well drink to dull the sorrows with an old enemy.

@bramhistory well Freiren also kinda left them the moment they killed the Demon Lord and returned as heroes. Not much chance of romance when the other party kinda left.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't expect to being shown a small weapon vs. armor contest in this manga. It was interesting. I liked this little detail that Fren didn't do complete shield sphere at final fight, only small areas to block the attacks. Knowing that a single miss will lead to instakill of both of them, I'd say, Frieren trusts her completely.
Also, inevitable joke about how the view this boy saw prolonged his life and kept his youth. Maybe if Himmel did the same he would have still lived until now.

Aggregator gang
@Darkion well it is, there is no romance happen between them. It's quite common in japanese story when characters avoid being in a relationship because one of them is immortal or long lived despite being in love with each others, this case seems applied to Himmel as well. As for Frieren I think she just don't know what love is, but she clearly shown more respect and affection to Himmel than two other heroes. Imo tho.

Dex-chan lover
Poor demon. He was basically an end-game boss, meant to be a test of player's skill and power, but they just skipped him till way after post-game when he was no longer a threat...

@VINT64
Idk it seemed more like Frieren was just training her. Remember, the equipment got better so the boss demon's ultimate magic is just ordinary now. So I'm sure they would have been fine regardless.

Dex-chan lover
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dex-chan lover
stop making me sad what the fuck

for real though, i'm loving this

it's like an eternal serenade of the mayfly-december romance, but without the romance and way more drama

Genius of an author, really. It invokes emotions that are not necrssarily sad, but definitely stirs em up

Aggregator gang
Wow even this chapter is sad... Another symbol of her past and old memory is now departed from her world... And it showed how the world was and still is moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread