Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 12 Ch. 114 - The Hero's Blade

Dex-chan lover
That would make too much sense, manga usualy doesn't do sense... though this manga is better than most

Also she might not actually be in the past, this could just be some kind of mindscape that the power of the statue/godess created to either teach her something or trap her.
that doesn't line up with the facts. we outright know frieren lost a chunk of time while she was traveling with the hero's party. that almost perfectly lines up here

Dex-chan lover
My theory/assumption is that younger Frieren was basically just "gone" during this period of her life and future Frieren was the one in control during this period, and the other party members kept Future Frieren's existence a secret from Past Frieren for some specific reason, although one would expect future Frieren to remember there being a several month hole in her memory, so idk.

Dex-chan lover
props to Himmel. Not only refusing to take the real Holy Sword to merit his status, he's actually doing pure hero work to actually back up his claims of being a hero..
It’s been a while, so i could be remembering wrong, but it’s not that he refused the holy sword, but was rejected - which is to say, as far as the “real” hero’s sword is concerned, he ain’t it. The blacksmith here was just saying he’d give him a ‘better’ sword. That said, the sword of the Hero is the Hero’s Sword, and whatever the Holy sword might think, he’s definitely proved himself worthy of the title.

Dex-chan lover
My theory/assumption is that younger Frieren was basically just "gone" during this period of her life and future Frieren was the one in control during this period, and the other party members kept Future Frieren's existence a secret from Past Frieren for some specific reason, although one would expect future Frieren to remember there being a several month hole in her memory, so idk.
She specifically says she doesn't remember about a week after touching the statue.
And the reason not to reveal anything about Future Frieren to Past Frieren is obvious: not messing up the timeline.

I love that we get to read Frieren again. That hiatus hurt a lot.

But seeing as the anime is out now, I see no problem in the manga resuming normal serialization (even tho we might get breaks every couple weeks, like a normal series).

Other than that, I actually loved the first 4 episodes of the anime adaptation. It has great animation. What do you guys/gals think so far?

She did say in 107 that "Your memory becomes a blur after examining the monument, it feels like a weeks worth of memory fading away".
Everyone forgot.

They'll swing back, reactivate the monument and go "Well that was a waste of time, we can't decipher it! And now my head feels weird!".

Dex-chan lover
I'm on opinion that this past being real (the past of OG timeline) and Frieren is only in this past for about a week, so it's probably end soon.

Reason:
  • ch. 107, Frieren said "furthermore your memory after examining the monument become a blur. It's feels like a week's worth of memories fading away." It's line up if the past is real and the reason why Frieren don't remember.
  • ch. 109, Frieren said "you mustn't utter a word to anyone about the magic I'm going to use. You're to keep this a secret all the way to your graves." So it's make sense if the party didn't say anything to Frieren once the real past Frieren get her body back.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if that dwarf feels regret about making that sword? He made it as a replica on whim for some merchant. For a replica to be used by a hero liberating the northern regions, he probably wants to do right by the hero.

Dex-chan lover
To find Frieren is to find a mimic. You know, at this point I'm pretty sure the suitcase she's lugging around is actually a mimic.

Aww, some cute doggos. Especially the one hanging over the roof.

That, "There is no Frieren next week," is just the standard chapter ending marker at this point.

Who's the character next to Frieren on the last page? I don't recognise her.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this is an alt timeline & if whatever Frieren & co are doing won't effect the future or if this is the og timeline and everything will be changed going back.
Then again this could all be fake... I'm so curious to know what's going on!
from what i remember she remembers not remembering anything from the time they found the godess statue so it probably happened but she got her memories sealed

Dex-chan lover
To find Frieren is to find a mimic. You know, at this point I'm pretty sure the suitcase she's lugging around is actually a mimic.

Aww, some cute doggos. Especially the one hanging over the roof.

That, "There is no Frieren next week," is just the standard chapter ending marker at this point.

Who's the character next to Frieren on the last page? I don't recognise her.
That’s the Younger version of the Fern back when she first joined the party

reu

Dex-chan lover
that doesn't line up with the facts. we outright know frieren lost a chunk of time while she was traveling with the hero's party. that almost perfectly lines up here
Do we? Honestly I don't remember, but it's not like you have any reason to lie, so thanks for the info.
Thank you again if you remember the chapter(s) and care to provide the sauce.

reu

Dex-chan lover
Recovering the replica sword has been his one ambition, but sadly it'll never happen 'cause it's buried with Himmel :v
It's not a replica anymore, it is a Hero's sword, just not THE Hero's sword.
He went from wanting to recover a work he was ashamed of to being proud to have made the hero's "partner", the sword that felled the demon lord.

Users who are viewing this thread