Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 12 Ch. 117 - Miraculous Illusion

Dex-chan lover
Interesting that they are also talking about a future threat with that demoness who said her magical curse will be ready in 100 years.

Contributor
Trope dictates that Himmel is already aware of the illusion but he'll enjoy it for a few chapters, to build some suspense while the demon prepares to slay them. Then at the most tense moment, he will break out of it just in time to preserve Frieren's memory, while also waking her up (her illusion being something like an adventure with all of her companions, past and present ones).

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm... Three great demons at once. If my math and iterpretation of historical data is correct... this arc will last 25 chapter. Well, see you all in July - 2026

Dex-chan lover
I hope all be well.

Also please Author dont pull up the infamous writer's amnesia trope, cs you literally gave us an arc where our elf deciphered Di Agolze. Meaning our elf can transmute these peebles into gold and reverted them back by a mere whim and will. Dont fucking play with us all.

Dex-chan lover
i fucking called it. i called it so long ago. if they are all in the same dream im wven more correct that freiren loved him as well but didnt comprehend those feelings until he had passed.

I wish that was true haha, but I don't think so. It's clearly framed from his POV with him waking up, and even if Frieren does love him romantically, I don't think she's fully realized it yet.
I agree that the possibility is small however since we haven’t seen heiter and frierens dreams yet. I’ve seen some other stories where each of the characters would have some bit of consciousness for a short while and do something like leave a note or something. there is a small possibility that it might be a group dream. (Heiter wants peace, himmel wants frieren. frieren wanted to get to know all of them better ) it would also speed up the pacing as opposed to 3 individual dreams and it could make frierens dream more ambiguous with a “was frieren becoming himmels bride more from himmel or frieren” but regardless DAMN THIS IS SERIOUSLY MY MOST HATED CLIFF HANGER EVER SHOW ME FRIEREN’S DREAM DAMN IT.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone’s focusing on the illusion, but what about that extra demon who wandered off? She’ll be a problem in the future I bet.
Indeed. She did say her curse would be ready in a hundred years from that discussion. Since the current Frieren is from 80 years in the future, they have 20 years remaining. That one may be the reason Frieren was sent to this specific time.

As usual, the Demons underestimate a disgrace of a 1000 year-old Elven mage who hides her mana, with 80 years more experience than the one they think they know, currently has. She'll probably be up and about in a moment, just before that blade falls.

Dex-chan lover
Hundred years is about when Frieren gets Fern and the others to the gateway to the afterlife, at the Demon King's throne, so I think it's something they fix within the story.
not really future frieren is from 80 years into the future so they have a 20years gap still

Dex-chan lover
Indeed. She did say her curse would be ready in a hundred years from that discussion. Since the current Frieren is from 80 years in the future, they have 20 years remaining. That one may be the reason Frieren was sent to this specific time.

As usual, the Demons underestimate a disgrace of a 1000 year-old Elven mage who hides her mana, with 80 years more experience than the one they think they know, currently has. She'll probably be up and about in a moment, just before that blade falls.
20 years left huh?
That implies there will be a timeskip again, which may have worrying implications for Fern and Stark's future well being.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, is the timeline even a stable loop ? She refused to give information to not affect the future, but the demon realizing that she's from the future is pretty important. And it seems to be a singular event since Solitar doesn't seem to mention it in the first timeline. I feel like she already caused a few timeline shift and if he actually get his hand on her memory, they're fucking toast.

Dex-chan lover
Grausam should have read Schlacht's memories.
And after seeing millions of possibilities, Schlacht should have known the way to win against Thanos how to defeat the hero.

So there should be a reason from some of the demons too about why the demons must not speedrun to their victory, right?

Not sure about Grausam, he did told Macht the prophecy before.

Users who are viewing this thread