Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 13 Ch. 119 - Memories

Dex-chan lover
I'd say it's the complete opposite. Both of them knew that the other loves them wholly and wholeheartedly, but were too afraid to confront that truth. Remember that that wedding scene was the best dream for both of them, not just for one of them.
In that scene, Frieren already prepared to be kissed by Himmel, but the guy stop it because they were in danger. If it happened in a safe space, they probably kiss for real.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say it's the complete opposite. Both of them knew that the other loves them wholly and wholeheartedly, but were too afraid to confront that truth. Remember that that wedding scene was the best dream for both of them, not just for one of them.
thats true. i guess what i meant to say was about them not getting the chance to have their life together play out the way a normal couple could have. i worded my last comment VERY poorly

Dex-chan lover
Well akshually, not tryna be nerdge here but it's kinda obvious that one of 2 remaining Sage of Destruction is the gyaru gothic demon in 117.
She was probably a secret Sage like Solitar so it's not counted.
If you remember, Solitar was a demon Frieren never heard about before. So there is a chance there were more demons who were hiding not their true power but their name among the humans by leaving no witnesses, just like her. Or in the case of that demon you're talking about, more likely she's secluded gathering the power to do that thing

Dex-chan lover
Some peoples spines compress when they get older.
In asia, people are short so kids who view adults are very tall. As they grow up, they just notice late how short their parents are when theu start to grow old.

Well, it's just some belief but that is how I see it, seeing someone grow old myself. My parents look short than what I could remember when they were young. The compression makes more sense.

She was probably a secret Sage like Solitar so it's not counted.
If you remember, Solitar was a demon Frieren never heard about before. So there is a chance there were more demons who were hiding not their true power but their name among the humans by leaving no witnesses, just like her. Or in the case of that demon you're talking about, more likely she's secluded gathering the power to do that thing
Are you talking about tod, the demon whose curse will engulf the world ? She was actually mentioned when solitar met stark and fern. Fern mentioned frieren told her all the great demons including tod, but she's never heard of solitar.

Tod's title is saint of the end.

Dex-chan lover
MeQDBh7.png

:meguuusad: :meguuusad: :meguuusad:
tNjv1tI.png

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say they were afraid to confront their feelings, but this part is open to interpretations (which I like about it).

From how I see it Himmel held back on his own feelings because he understood that his life is fleeting compared to that of an Elf, and properly conveying his love to Frieren may as well curse her with more grief when his time is up, and for someone who can live up to millennia that might as well be hell.
On the other hand, Frieren was ready for it. But she also understands that the kind hero Himmel that she knows wouldn't do such a thing. Which also implies that Frieren had hoped Himmel wasn't as kind a person she take him to be.

So in a way, it wasn't fear. It was an unspoken mutual understanding. Which breaks my heart more. :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say they were afraid to confront their feelings, but this part is open to interpretations (which I like about it).

From how I see it Himmel held back on his own feelings because he understood that his life is fleeting compared to that of an Elf, and properly conveying his love to Frieren may as well curse her with more grief when his time is up, and for someone who can live up to millennia that might as well be hell.
On the other hand, Frieren was ready for it. But she also understands that the kind hero Himmel that she knows wouldn't do such a thing. Which also implies that Frieren had hoped Himmel wasn't as kind a person she take him to be.

So in a way, it wasn't fear. It was an unspoken mutual understanding. Which breaks my heart more. :meguuusad:
Being afraid to hurt someone you love because of said love is still being afraid.

Dex-chan lover
They keep telling us the North is the fringes of civilization desolated by monsters and demons. It's remote but we keep running into regular people and kingdoms. I'm glad we at least met someone who looks like a lumberjack, but in 10 chapters everyone should be a giant barbarian out of fist of the North star.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
They keep telling us the North is the fringes of civilization desolated by monsters and demons. It's remote but we keep running into regular people and kingdom. I'm glad we at least met someone who looks like a lumberjack, but in 10 chapters everyone should be a giant barbarian out of fist of the North star.
Maybe they just live in their special cities with a cheat barrier like the one Aura couldn't broke

Dex-chan lover
I gotta re-read this whole storyline. I've gotten the details of time travel confused and mixed up.

Dex-chan lover
They keep telling us the North is the fringes of civilization desolated by monsters and demons. It's remote but we keep running into regular people and kingdom. I'm glad we at least met someone who looks like a lumberjack, but in 10 chapters everyone should be a giant barbarian out of fist of the North star.
Fringes of civilization doesn't mean that it's uninhabited, but that what people are there are few and far between, small enclaves and villages for the most part, people that don't want to operate under the kingdom's demesne.

Aggregator gang
He's written as an ideal image of a stoic down-to-earth hero, so it's hard to actively dislike him.
The cringiness of his journey days is 1 of the few qualities of him that makes him imperfect, therefore "human". It's comparable to Frieren falling for the stupidest traps just because there might be spells inside the mimic chest, or Heiter's drinking habit, or Eisen's disrespectful manner that almost got him and Himmel executed.
The reason why he has no character development at all is because he is not treated as a "character" anymore, in a way. "Himmel" as a character is already settled from the start, what we're looking at is him from the POV of Frieren's memory and others' memories of him.
Right, so his popularity is kind of perplexing to me.

Double-page supporter
Tiny old man Himmel standing there with a large freshly killed demonic beast with almost a guilty look on his face...

Contributor
Himmel is amazing. I wonder if he secretly has the ability to see the future like that other hero as well.
Regardless, the amount of planning and preparations he's managed to arrange in his comparatively short lifespan compared to the enemies he's up against just shows how goated he is.

Users who are viewing this thread