Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 13 Ch. 122 - Titan Fortress

Dex-chan lover
If I recall, Frieren was rewarded quite a lot when the Hero party killed the Demon King. But by the time the present story began, that would've been decades already. And unlike everyone else, she basically squandered on her wealth instead of reinvesting or working on it to grow.
True. Doubt she cares enough to spend the time, however "minuscule" it is to her, to learn about investing and business anyway.

Dex-chan lover
I want more of Flamme!!! I love all the interactions between her and younger!Fieren so much!!!

thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
GIRL. YOU USE MONEY TO BUY GRIMOIRES.
for all we know, Frieren could have studied all the well-known grimoires by now. Most of the spells she accepted we've seen so far are spells people invented by themselves or useless/obscure spells that just aren't recorded into grimoires.

also, if she uses money to buy them, we won't have all this adventure.

Dex-chan lover
"also, if she uses money to buy them, we won't have all this adventure.

Me thinks you are handwaving a possible problem with the story which artificially puts our intelligent characters at a contrived disadvantage.

Dex-chan lover
I can imagine some good uses of the Body Warmth spell :smugchisato:
It doesn't keep you warm enough, but it provides at least a minimum amount of heat, yes?
So all you need to do is...generate more heat. :smugchisato:

Dex-chan lover
Buy ......... grimoires????? what is this witchcraft that you speak of? XD
isn't the point of the grimoires that she collects is that they're rare or that the spells are so super niche/specific/'useless' to the average mage to where shopkeepers wouldn't normally stock it? Like, wasn't one of them like "it changes vanilla ice cream to chocolate" which might be useful for chefs occasionally but still

Double-page supporter
Not trying to sound ingrateful or anything, but the translation of flamme's dialogue to frieren is really odd to me

It seems like flamme is trying to dunk on frieren when that's not the case at all. She's just saying the number of spells that will be developed thanks to her theories is so great that not even someone with the lifespan of frieren would be able to learn about all of it

Some people are also getting the idea that flamme was the one who developed an inexhaustible amount of spells but I won't blame this one on the translation, it's clear what she was talking about, people getting confused over this has more to do with skill issue.

Dex-chan lover
Another casual adventure for Frieren that contained deep wisdom, and the different mindset of elf vs human.

Some people are also getting the idea that flamme was the one who developed an inexhaustible amount of spells but I won't blame this one on the translation, it's clear what she was talking about, people getting confused over this has more to do with skill issue.

why are you so hung up on that to make double comment to point that. Flamme not the direct creators, yes. Just think of it like people crediting Flamme same as people crediting creator of Algebra, or maybe Aristoteles, and other old inventor for making the basis of theory and method for modern knowledge. so saying they indirectly make those is not really incorrect. since you could say they will be sure to make those modern knowledge if they lived to today's age.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread