Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Articulate Monsters

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, why wait? U are a fucking hero? wtf? This chapter was stupid...

BCS

Dex-chan lover
She's looking more like a "demon" than a human herself tbh

@nogemem
And what? Become black sheep & hunted by both parties? No thanks

And she already tried, remember where did it brought her to? Jail

I bet she only want to prevent chaos, and some ignorant people's lives to wake up the rest of the world to reality seems fair enough

Dex-chan lover
@zokoi19

@keioskod

To be fair, the main reason "demons" in japanese media tend to so often just be misunderstood is a purely cultural one- while the word "demon" in English has clear connotations of Biblical Evil, in the Japanese "Mazoku" or "Majin" which are often used for that type of creature the "Ma-" kanji can be both "magical" and "demonic". So while it's usually translated as "demon" or "demonic race" it could just as well be "magical creature".

> ... Seems to me that girl really did want to understand. She just didn't get the idea that you can't just replace a lost daughter from one family with a different daughter from another family. Her concepts of how humanity work were too different to how they really work... the natures of the races too alien to each other.
And it seems they just executed her out of ignorance of that... not that I suppose they could have done any differently, but the reason is indicative of other things.

Anyhow.. that little side-commentary from the demon on the couch was beyond stupid. A predator wouldn't regard themselves in such a manner, let alone actively discuss it out loud in the language they supposedly only use to deceive.

Even if some aspects of this are portrayed in a somewhat original manner, it doesn't change the fact that there are glaring holes in all of this.

SotiCoto, if you already despise this manga, just leave the comment section or the manga altogether.

Double-page supporter
How on earth could man eating monsters co-exists. Brain dead humans.

Normally, it would be dumb, but notice that he's in a room with only other demons in it. They're all in on it and he's telling them of something he finds amusing, there's ultimately no true risk towards him or his kind.

I would say this is more or less accurate as medieval humans don't know the concept of being evil in nature. They just can't seem to fathom the fact that true evil cannot exist as they want to believe that all beings that can converse can be converted into being good.

Aggregator gang
These demons are the very definition of our dear "com*unist". Words are means to deceive others, perfectly aligned with their beliefs. Since they do not know anything aside from lying

Dex-chan lover
Finally a story where the demons are quite actually vicious beings and arent actually capable of mediation or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread