Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Draht

That's why they're called demons, those who want them playing patty pat with humans have plenty of where to read so please gentlemen leave the rating alone if it's for a stupid reason like this

Nice to see a manga not use the overused (imo) "demons are just misunderstood, they're just like us!" trope.

I guess Frieren being so long-lived gives her a huge advantage over these kinds of tactics, since she's basically beyond the point of being attached to even people she spends years of her life with. It is kinda sad at the same time though.

Aggregator gang
That last demon wanted to cry out mommy before he died. Should have just straight said it instead of just declaring you have something to say. Not that it matters to Frieren anyways.

Dex-chan lover
@Corzin
No, it’s the opposite, isn’t it? She’s actually become more attached to her companions after realizing how quickly their lives go by in comparison to hers. Regarding the demons, she’s just a learned hand. It’s the same deal as when she dealt with that ghost monster that impersonates the people a person cares for to kill them. It’s not that she doesn’t feel; she’s just not dumb enough to fall for these cheap ploys.

Lugner’s scene here at the start was hilarious, though, honestly. He basically went, “Me too, man, me too”, then went “I have no fucking idea what this is.” right after.

Contributor
It’s great to see Feiren so popular already, although the fact that it’s right behind Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo is strangely hilarious. Like, a solemn story about a near-immortal elf is right behind a series where a guy travels to another world and buys slaves to have sex with.

What are the other top seven series, besides Slave Harem? I think OPM volume 22 is one of them, although I’m not certain.

Fed-Kun's army
@plastic_sludge that's how these demons in this series work. They aren't supposed to be actual characters that need sympathetic stories. They are just wild animistic demons in the purest definition

@KeiosKod

I disagree. If she's really internalized the fact that her companions have such short lives, then wouldn't she put more emphasis on helping them? She's shown multiple times that she'd rather focus on whatever interests her, even if it would delay their mission by months or even years. She should know that they don't have as much time to spend as she does, yet she spends time holed up studying whatever magic tickled her fancy instead of spending it with her companions or furthering their mission.

Dex-chan lover
The demons are so far the most interesting aspect of this series, gotta say. Mimicry as a survival strategy makes some sense at least (even if closer examination probably won't really hold up; like if you can speak a language but you still don't even understand what a 'father' is conceptually you are going to fail hard at avoiding suspicion within 5 sentences of talking to somebody ^^).

Dex-chan lover
Arrogant demon trope checked off.
Hope to see elf mage one sidedly fight Aura or what ever else the demons have.

Users who are viewing this thread