Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - One-Hundredth

Dex-chan lover
@yukinomi while not exactly the same by a lot of things, being in a modern place, having android, but still talking about dead, plastic memories, then there is dead parade which it's also quite good.

Dex-chan lover
@Red225 It was not even a hundredth. She’s been alive for more than a millennium, when Flamme was still alive. And she doesn’t seem to be anywhere close to dead.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really glad I clicked this manga. Magic really happens when a good artist meets a good writer.
@Red225
She said it's less than one-hundredth, I think her lifespan is way more than just a thousand years. The big tree was planted over a thousand years ago back when she was an apprentice and yet she clearly isn't dying anytime soon.

shit, somebody already said literally the same thing.

Group Leader
another chapter without death ...... hooray, I guess
also, I find it oddly amusing that "elude death each chapter" type of manga is not solely belong to the horror/thriller genre in a game of death situation anymore

Dex-chan lover
Oh fuck oh god oh jesus please for the love of god stop with the german names
I am physically dying

Isn't this just beautiful... sob

I wanna see Fern grew up and marry some and see their baby and let Frieren take it as her another apprentice

Dex-chan lover
So, was she saying that ten years wasn't even a hundreth of her lifespan (as in life expectancy) or of her life to date (as in age)? I think she must have meant the latter given how long ago Flamme lived. It looks like the ending of this manga will be in Ende where she'll reunite with the souls of her departed comrades.

Dex-chan lover
@jouyato - Fern means she's already known Frieren for half her life.

@sssr - 10 years is one-hundredth of 1000. She means that the journey was less than one-hundredth of her life up to that point. Considering she's probably way, way older than 1000 (I'm guessing at least 1200+) it was a weird way to put it on the author's part.

Aggregator gang
To Your Eternity is probably the only manga where I've felt vibes similar to this one (with the theme of mortality and all)

@Hoomanadaw
Lmao, The elf or the girl?
I was just wondering how that girl was gonna live her life in this chapter too. Will she eventually stop following the elf to live out her live; get married and start a family.

Users who are viewing this thread