Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - One-Hundredth

@AnimuVsMango 1/100 is the same as 10/1000. And she is estimating her lifespan in the thousands, so 20 years to and back from the adventure is really just 20/2000 3000 or more ? years of her life. One hundredth is the right expression to use, otherwise it would have been ten thousandth, it just doesn't sound as good. Even for an elf, her terminology would still be quite normal through normal interaction with people, using ten thousandth is not really common. More over only an elf would describe lifespan in hundredths' of. But just a story and my 2 cent.

I wish she'll find another elf someday to be her long time companion

Edit: imagined something in the chapter

Thank you for the updzte! Really appreciate it. This series is just so damn bittersweet, I'm completely emotionally drained right now. I literally in a state of exhaustion after reading 8 20-pages-long chapters. Still, good story, tho. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Gosh Fern is going to die one day and Im going to be so sad TT-TT this is like reading To You, The Immortal all over againnnn

Dex-chan lover
@in_neverland Well, ordinarily her loved ones probably should have been others with the same lifespan as her to begin with. It's a bit strange that her magic teacher appeared to be human, and we've not really seen any sign of other elves at all yet, so I'm a bit curious about that. Perhaps they're the kind of elves that seclude themselves from the other races, and she's one of the unusual ones that went out into the rest of the world.

Dex-chan lover
Those who don't experience enough change over a perceived time don't expect further changes to happen. She likes her friends, but she forgets they are not long lived, so changes occur more often in their livees. It is amazing how much death and birth change things

Banned
I was gonna ask why the fuck it would take 10 years to get up there... then I'm guessing it is because the idiot elf is dragging her feet the whole damned time. But seriously, it shouldn't take the same amount of time. They're currently at peace. The original journey was probably through swathes of monsters and the like.

Anyway though... this story is... really shallow. Like there are just a few characters with wafer-thin personalities living in a microcosm where the only topic is the passage of time and the stupid elf's perception of it.

yeah unless everybody is immortal I don't think I'd want a life that long, a bit too much existential dread for my liking

kind of depressing for the apprentice girl to spend her best years in a loveless sexless journey that would help her teacher get reacquainted with a boy she once new

Users who are viewing this thread