Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Phantom Corpse

I'm 9 chapters in and my initial impression that this is a mostly shallow manga hasn't changed. There is almost no worldbuilding and it seems to be made up as it goes along to explain the particular chapter's story, which is just "autistic elf likes Himmel".

I love the beautiful detail that Frieren is surprised to see Himmel as her phantom. It is a subtle touch to remind the audience of her still having not come to terms with what he meant to her. The panel with her smile, and his words to her says everything that needs to be said about Himmel as a person and his touch on Frieren.

Of course he'd wish the best for her. I love this story and how it is presented.

Double-page supporter
fdsghdlfklh Himmel from her memories be self aware like "Hey looks like I'm a phantom. Guess you gotta shoot me, huh?"

aaaaa this is so painful to read, literally a romance story between a dead and an alive person and he only lives in her memories for her to realize the feelings

@chikikuto reminds me of the vocaloid song Kokoro, which told of an android who didnt understand having a "heart" until years after her creator died.

Himmel is so incorruptible in her eyes that even his hijacked memory would honestly tell her not to be caught up in seeing him, just protect herself.

This is honestly

I completely understand why this is rated higher then berserk
Something I don't care for much but the community will kill over

This series is just art

It's really good and very well writen

This manga is that kind that liretally hit you the hardest on the feels just by being passive and chill... and it hurts even more ffs

Dex-chan lover
wow even as an Imposter Himmel is a Hero
and well it seems that Frieren doesnt notice why Himmel showed up

@Rukja I feel like she has a vague idea. She did after all acknowledge that her time with them had changed her right before.

Users who are viewing this thread