Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Scales of Obedience

Fed-Kun's army
@rrolo1
"Flamme was somehow aware that atleast some Demons could"
Now that got me thinking what if there's already Demon who detach them self from the order. Perhaps hinting hidden boss battle.

"... long winded"
I tend to be direct since it's easier to keep my track of my arguments. Hope it didn't offend you.

@FalleNxHunter on a comment section (forgot which chapter) before, based on a calculation of her adventuring time with himmel compared to the fraction of lifetime spent according to Frieren herself: the elves in this manga have an average age of around 4000-5000 years, which translates to around 80+ years in human terms.

She's a child when she met Flamme and a thousand year had passed since then. Her age may be around 1000+ y.o, so she is basically an early teenager (14+ y.o) in Elven biological age.

But she's so cold and mature, I don't think she's still a child mentally.

Dex-chan lover
I like the demon I wonder if she will come back. she fought with the heros group wonder if she survived or was revived....

Dex-chan lover
There's sadness in the fact that she had lived for a millennium, at least from my perspective

Dex-chan lover
1M... is a long time to live. No wonder she seems so unaffected by things around her. It's not that much time passed for her.

Fed-Kun's army
After Freiren said "the one standing before you right now is a mage is a mage who has lived for at least a millennium" I had the feeling of excitement while my heart sank to my gut at the same time. I have no idea how it would feel to live that long, especially living alone.

If she can use the scales, she can dominate (almost) everyone.

@koikun, the heck is a 4channer? just call them anons. Anyway, I get the "hide your power level" reference.

@Flare77 if she lived for a millennia (1000 or so years) and the avg. human there lives for 70 to 100 years depending on health and what not.

and dogs live anywhere from 10 to 18 years. (18 being an extremely old might as well put em down old.) so lets take it by the lower end 10 years.

so to frieren, humans are what dogs are to us in lifespan.

Fed-Kun's army
@Elyika the difference is that humans and elves can communicate more intimately than humans and dogs (and humans with pets can already end up being attached to each other). I bet there's very little distinction between a human and an elf aside from their long lifespans and pointed ears, so it's not an exact way to represent Freiren's relationship to others as a mere human to their pets relationship (even though I do agree that Freiren probably thinks of it like this at a certain level).

Also I'm just lamenting on the fact that a thousand years seems like a long time to live being alone (coz no one can match Freien's lifespan)

Users who are viewing this thread