Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Mirrored Lotus

Supporter
Everyone loved that elf.

I wonder if Himmel didn't want to add more to her burden as a immortal being by getting into a relationship with her, just to leave her alone afterwards...

@Binary10011

A. Himmel wouldn't have known that, he can't see the future

B. From the flashbacks that we see, Frierin hasn't changed significantly in the past hundreds of years since we saw her village being destroyed and learning magic from her teacher (not to mention that it also means that elves or atleast Frierin, have very good memories) so remarrying might not be a thing for her

Dex-chan lover
This chapter and the one where Himmel died from Frieren's blown kiss just really made me sad of what could have been.

So that's why he kept waiting, keeping her Dragon Horn, and (presumably) staying unmarried the whole time.

Dex-chan lover
Don’t worry y’all, I know the goal is ostensibly to meet her master at the edge of the living world, but she’ll probably meet Himmel instead?

Dex-chan lover
Dang I love how deadpan the manga can be, but it's that bluntness in what it's trying to say that makes this manga so good

Supporter
well shiet i think he knew what it meant and i had a feelin he had them feelers but dayum

Goddamit did they love each other f*ck i feel the tears coming in.

Dex-chan lover
Himmel's departure just gets more and more tragic the more we see flashbacks like these. At least Fern and Stark still have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread