Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Mirrored Lotus

Dex-chan lover
@ispcizero3rd that's just option (a). As long as there's no heaven at the end of the way, it matters not whether there's Demon King, as far as character motivations and closure go.

@tsuyukihime just you wait, Frieren is going to grandma their descendants. The journey from tsun to dere is preordained.

@Dirtbug well, if it's literally afterlife, a way to join its denizens while leaving those in the land of the living appears obvious enough.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn this should be the dictionary definition of bittersweet. Such a sweet moment, but the twinge of sadness 😥

"Magic that seeks out lost accessories" ain't that convenient?
Himmel is such a god

Banned
can't wait until Himmel gets revived as eternal and can live happily with autismo elf

Double-page supporter
This series sure know how make me feels bittersweet. The page where Himmel kneel down to Frieren while gives her the ring hits me hard.

Dex-chan lover
Oke, the way Himmel gave her the ring kinda shows a meaning to it. It also was a ring c'mon.

Why is this manga so simple yet so good? Every time I finish reading a chapter I feel good.

Fern and Stark should totally end up together

@ ZanaduKhan

Not sure what you mean by point A. Can't have known what?Nik speculating. It could have been discussed if thy went further with it. Or, it was a question that could reasonably be asked as a part of getting to know someone's culture.

About point B, that's a bit of a stretch imo. They've never spoken about that subject so I don't think we can say anything conclusive about it. Let's agree to disagree for now.

@danvolodar

When you put it that way, Himmel is just someone who is hopelessly in love with someone who is plainly disinterested in him, so he does these gestures she doesn't understand or care about that leave him with those pained expressions.
But tortuous.

I wasn't sure if she does like him or not. If not then, maybe now. Or, if it's just the sense that he was her companion.

If it's as obvious as you say, then maybe that's what happened.

Group Leader
Very sweet, Stark and Fern really should go out together later. Please, give they time just two of them together for a date!

Fed-Kun's army
@danvolodar pretty sure it's option c. just a li'l chat and then them having to leave :((( but hey, at least Frieren might be able to tell Himmel all the things she realized as she embarked on this journey. As painful as that is, I'm highkey sure it'll make Himmel happy and hopefully, Frieren, too as she now knows more about human emotions and the significance of time.

So it takes 3 hours for Stark to pick up a gift for Fern on her 18th birthday which is a bracelet meaning eternal love. I ship them.

Not that it wasn't before, but this chapter makes it even more obvious why Himmel made all those sad smiles in the early chapters. He was cognizant of not only the difference in their feelings, but also the difference in their lifespans. Himmel did the classic proposal of getting down on one knee and sliding the ring onto Frieren's finger, all the while knowing that, realistically, nothing could ever be "eternal" between them. Frieren likely didn't understand the gesture, but for Himmel, there was still meaning in doing it. It was the most sincere expression of his feelings for her. Even if it wouldn't work out with them, he'd still always have this memory at the very least.

The dude also made sure the party got a bunch of statues of themselves made to serve as proof that they existed so Frieren would never be truly alone even after they were all long gone. He was thinking of her even without him in her life. Truly, "eternal love." How can Himmel be so perfect? He's the ideal hero.

Dex-chan lover
@Logic nice strawman. you all know that you're stretching it with this ship. buying each other gifts and looks of affection are shared between friends, and nothing really points to romance. you need to get some real friends. good luck with that!

Dex-chan lover
@Zv521T65pXcfv6Kt That's funny, because I interpreted that whole exchange as "he's an idiot, he didn't know what it actually means" Not "he's an idiot because he didn't give me a ring instead."

Users who are viewing this thread