Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Mirrored Lotus

Dex-chan lover
Fern's "this is me giving a fuck" face when they're plummeting to potential doom was fantastic. These dorks.

Also: HE KNEW, oh boy. The flashbacks are really nice in how understated they are, lots said without saying anything at all. This journey for Frieren is also giving her new insight on her last one in small ways.

Nice Artwork at the end, saw it posted on reddit this week and thought it was one of the nicest fanart I had seen of this series so far :)

Group Leader
My.... We need more non-romance shounen manga like this which does not hesitate to show character's romantic feelings and does not treat romance as a taboo. Generally in non-romance shounen mangas, the author keeps throwing some "ship materials" but never covers some good romance as if it is a sin which i am sick of it. But look at this, everyting is so smooth. Frieren taking everything slowly. She even begun to realize Himmel's feeling after 80-90 years :(. Himmel, you are such a true hero in every aspect. It hurts...

And I would be happy if Stark and Fern would be like siblings. But if we already start a romantic progression, I hope their relationship develops naturally without remaining as a "ship material".

Dex-chan lover
Frieren is not dense, she lacks the understanding of interpersonal relationships, remember that after her master died she lived in isolation until Himmel recruited her, even as an elf a milenia alone surely took a tool in Frieren mental development, more if we remember she was a child at the time

Seems that the initial Fern x Frieren ship I boarded is going titanic as it's going more apparent Fern x Stark and Himmel x Frieren, still good though.

Dex-chan lover
Stoooop making me ship Frieren with a dead hero ;A; I'm already constantly sad whenever Himmel is shown or mentioned.... There was no need to actually show a scene between them with real romantic vibes :O I was fine with just shipping them in my heart with their subtle cute scenes together... I didn't need a proposal-like scene ;w;
Fern & Stark scenes fill me with joy though XDD Since those two still have a chance for a future together XDD

Group Leader
way to make the ship between a dead guy and the mc more heavily emphasized

Dex-chan lover
Knowing how this manga will end with everyone dying of old age is a bit depressing, but that's the whole point of the manga it seems.
Frieren probably isolated herself to avoid feeling the loss of loved ones again.

This manga is probably too good to have Stark and Fern tie the knot, but still I think I'd enjoy an ending of Frieren raising some great great grandkids.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope fern and stark stay as a sibling relationship but if they do get together I hope their relationship is built up

Double-page supporter
I hope that fern and stark stay as friends/ siblings. Wouldnt like them to become lovers as it feels too unnatural and would ruin the group dynamic for me. I just hope the whole bracelet thing is more friendshipey and jokey than serious indication of romance

reu

Dex-chan lover
@AceTheBase
They're 20ish year old people with little to no chance to meet other persons their age, traveling with a priest and a immortal loli for the foreseeable future.
Even if they were both homosexual, not becoming a romantic pair would be unlikely.

inb4 muh biggot
Have you ever heard of jail? One does whatever one must

Users who are viewing this thread