Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - First Class Exam

Dex-chan lover
@zuflis11 as time passes, standards change and possibly even those who held the standards. No need to look further than actual universities in real life, a degree you've earned a century ago would definitely be obsolete today, considering if you would be still alive after that time.

Double-page supporter
Just putting it into perspective
Yes, she has lost 11 times, but in more than 1000 years...
One was a demon that created the first magic specifically made to kill, the other one an elf (considering how rare they are probably another millenary elf maybe even before becoming Flamme disciple), and probably one of those humans being Flamme in a duel, the most powerful mage.

Judging by how her duel with Aura went she probably believes the competition is going to be as strong as those ancient mages or something.

Dex-chan lover
GBadsQa.png
How did she end up like this???

Supporter
Dumb fool dumb party and serious melancholy trouble maker party. Next chapter would be good.

Double-page supporter
IM soo looking forward to how this manga will tackle the "must do" shounen tournement arc!
Since Fern and Frieren are on different teams, they will most likely have to face each other, im looking forward to that!

II team's introduction:
"hi nice to meet ye. i am 15 years old."
"hi, i am 150 years old."
"hi, i am 1500 years old. frieren my name."

Dex-chan lover
I can't see this test being more than 2 or 3 chapters more. The time frame in the events are fast and they never stay too long at an event.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I’d say the length could be about the same as the previous arc against Aura and her subordinates.

By the way, is Aura German for anything?

Aura is like the english word aura, it has the same meaning

Edit: Yes the floor is floor

Dex-chan lover
@l3arg Every single name is so on the nose it feels like a kids show
The cold northern region is called COLD
the strong monk guy is called POWER
proctors name is PRECISE
old gandalf looking ass dudes name is THINKING
axe boys name is literally STRONG

@Tsuki09 In some languages, it is normal to use words with everyday meanings as name. Especially so for Japanese, due to the fact that homophones are very common in the language and hence a name can have multiple unrelated meanings and the way it is written down does not always correspond to how it's read. In European languages, using everyday words as names was more common in the past, especially with surnames and also names before Christianity took hold (and biblical names became commonplace). Interestingly, a lot of the names we use today also had everyday meanings in ancient (and not-so-ancient) languages.

Aggregator gang
@starfallg yeah, isn't one of the most common surnames in the U.S. "Smith?"
Gee, I wonder what the word "Smith" means in English... 🤔

Aggregator gang
Also jesus christ Ubel's doing things to me 👌👌👌🥵🥵🥵😭😭😭😩😩😩

Users who are viewing this thread