Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - First Class Exam

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what this hunter first class exam will be like. The author has been good at subverting expectations imo, and at the very least the take on tropes has been unique. Frieren not getting first class seems too obvious to me after mentioning she's lost 11 times, but so does her passing in a sense. Same with Fern saying she's not going to get it. Looking forward to this arc, and how Ubel and Fern will interact.

Dex-chan lover
Yay tournament arc. But I wonder why people like Uber even allowed to take exam in the first place. She literally holds criminal records. If she got the license and abused it, wouldn't the mage association take the blame too? If they somehow wanted her power, they can hire her in illegal way.

Yay tourney arc... My fav... Hopefully we can see fern n frieren show their skill next chapter.... 💕

How does no one recognize Fern, it hasn’t been that long after the demon king was defeated

Dex-chan lover
@lisajira it has been over 80 years since defeat of the demon king

most people who don't recognize them are young compared to those 80 years

Dex-chan lover
huh, i thought we will get the backstory regarding that emblem. is it actually regarded as important/high class identification or not.. :/
but it sure is lame (or unique?) that a mage association didnt even last longer than a century for Frieren to care.

Dex-chan lover
Can't say I'm big on tourney arcs, but I'm a real big fan of the new murder lady, normally I wouldn't care but the way she's contrasted by everyone else who's more chill in this world is interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
Alright, so what kind of battle are we talking about? Is killing allowed? Is combat magic the only thing evaluated? What are the rules and victory conditions?

Users who are viewing this thread