Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - First Class Exam

Dex-chan lover
@Grumpyfelo she’s the type to not go around boasting about it, while a lot of people probably hyped up the main hero. They probably know a elf mage was in the party but don’t have her exact name.

Sigh a tournament arc. I generally have faith in the authors not dwelling on things like this too long, but I always worry that things like this will lead the story into a generic shounen.

I imagine that Frieren is including her master as one of the humans who beat her. Also agree with the other comments that it could be likely the last time a human beat her was a long time ago.

Totally feel bad that her qualifications are forgotten by history. That would be so annoying I imagine. A human dominated world is truly one with a short memory.

Dex-chan lover
@Grumpyfelo
the situation is probably because
1. the main form of recording images here are portraits and statues, which are liable to be inaccurate to begin with and taken with a grain of salt
2. elves are so rare that while their extended lifespan is common knowledge, it isn't a fact most people would take to heart until they're actually acquainted with one

@Grumpyfelo I think the idea is that last time around she was sort of just there and would help if asked for most of the hero's journey, where as the other 3 would go out of their way to help different groups/people along the way

Those retarded choices for German “names” are making this so much less enjoyable.

Oh boy! It's the Hunter exam! Don't accept any fruit juice from strange men!

Dex-chan lover
There's a couple of things I noticed in the chapter:
1. So Frieren starts pouting if she's referred to as an elderly mage, but back when Sein was part of the party Frieren herself mentioned multiple times that she an older woman.
2. A group of bandits that immediately leaves after one of them gets a "protective" beating? Didn't expect that. Normally those thugs would juzst get angrier and run thoughtlessly into their own death.
3. Those proxy parties for the exam seem to already be rather interesting.

Dex-chan lover
The Demon King was defeated 80 years ago. Moments pass by in a flash for Frieren but don't forget when we started.

Dex-chan lover
Only frieren would devote less than 5 pages to a 2 month training arc... you can really see the shounen energy from all these mages lol, I can’t wait for next chapter

Aggregator gang
It's nice to see Himmel every chapter, even if it is in a flashback

Users who are viewing this thread