Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 38 - Meteoric Iron Bird, Stille

Dex-chan lover
I feel like even though it was a good chapter the flashback was unneeded

Double-page supporter
How many Stille did they release into the area? Ubel said it would turn to mayhem with others trying to steal their bird, but when the examiner explained the rules he said there were multiple stilles in the area. I would like for them to mention how many there are, since it seems like there arent enough for all teams

Dex-chan lover
The german really isnt going to get any better huh

avalanche and fucking kettle lmfao
you know cause one is an ice mage and the other water
this is like dora the explorer but for fetuses

GxO

@tinavy

It's a trope that's overused across most manga, and although your arguments are valid, there are some flaws too. Team-based evalution should came at the end, not at the beginning of an evaluation.
Let's assume all tests consist of performance of a party, in that case there could be a setup where there are 2 freeloaders which could get carried by a powerful third mage through the entirety of the examination, which defeats the point of giving everyone a certificate at the end.

TL;DR First individual skill should be assessed, mages who are unfit for the rank would get weeded out, and then a team-based evaluation would be much more appealing (personally).

@GxO

This is the First Rank mage test that only mages rank 3 or higher can enter. Everyone taking the test already prove their individual skills in the lower rank tests.

Group Leader
Battle royale you say? Well, let Frieren and Fern carry out the teams then.

fVraHeG.png

Dex-chan lover
Guessing the barrier means there's not many Stilles around

or that there were enough at the start, but now these giant birds aye them as time passes

@GxO It's only first test, I'm sure they will remove team-based in later test so don't worry about freeloader here

Supporter
"Eh, now that's just wrong" *kick*
God, I love the humor in this series xD

Users who are viewing this thread