Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 7 Ch. 60 - Departure and Farewell

Dex-chan lover
I mean, 1,000 years isn't too bad. Maybe by that time Frieren will reach a point that Serie respects her. Assuming Serie is still alive by then. We know that Frieren is 1,000 at a minimum and Serie is significantly older than that, so who's to say. I'd love to see the full extent of both Frieren and Serie's magic one day.

Fed-Kun's army
Serie sounds like she'd be a Reddit mod.

Also I really hope this arc gets written out of the anime. It just feels like too much of a weird shift the manga's pace and tone to suddenly plonk down a !!!TOURNAMENT ARC!!! in the middle of the journey. I could easily see it eating up an entire season and you know it'll coincide with the show losing steam and the budget being slashed. With luck it can just be condensed into an episode about going to the guild and trying to register and introducing Serie.

Aggregator gang

Also I really hope this arc gets written out of the anime. It just feels like too much of a weird shift the manga's pace and tone to suddenly plonk down a !!!TOURNAMENT ARC!!! in the middle of the journey. I could easily see it eating up an entire season and you know it'll coincide with the show losing steam and the budget being slashed. With luck it can just be condensed into an episode about going to the guild and trying to register and introducing Serie.
True, it was a little jarring when they introduced a LOT of new characters/powers to the series. It could do with a little bit of pruning/streamlining but I think they should definitely still put this arc in. With episode 9 at chapter 20, the season is probably going to end episode 28 at around chapter 60-62 at minimum, or try to reach episode 67 to get exactly 7 manga volumes.

This is the first big arc of the manga spanning chapters 37-60, and introduces Denken and fleshes him out big time. It's SUPER vital for landing the second big arc (and IMO best) of the series properly. They shouldn't rush it to adapt the next big arc of the series ASAP; and if they can improve the fights in the anime like they did in episode 6/9 (nice) I don't think the show will lose steam at all.

P.S. This also means if they end the 1st season at this point, 2nd season will probably have BOTH El Dorado and Future arc if it's a 2-cour again, pretty gucci if you ask me.

Dex-chan lover
omg wtf that tournament arc was long and weird, didnt love it but loved things in it..........anyways learn to express ur emotions serie

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, 1,000 years isn't too bad. Maybe by that time Frieren will reach a point that Serie respects her. Assuming Serie is still alive by then. We know that Frieren is 1,000 at a minimum and Serie is significantly older than that, so who's to say. I'd love to see the full extent of both Frieren and Serie's magic one day.
Serie won't respect Frieren, because Frieren likes peace and see beauty in magic, Serie only see magic as power and is a warmonger, she won't ever respect Frieren, she might think Frieren only see magic as a play thing

Dex-chan lover
All that should be said has been said.
Kinda unfitting vibes this arc, also they straight off robbed us off Stark.
Serie was weird(?) I guess but got a deserved troll by Fern in return:
Power to command a nation <<< clean laundry
One could see she's laying the groundwork for her future household

Aggregator gang
True, it was a little jarring when they introduced a LOT of new characters/powers to the series. It could do with a little bit of pruning/streamlining but I think they should definitely still put this arc in. With episode 9 at chapter 20, the season is probably going to end episode 28 at around chapter 60-62 at minimum, or try to reach episode 67 to get exactly 7 manga volumes.

This is the first big arc of the manga spanning chapters 37-60, and introduces Denken and fleshes him out big time. It's SUPER vital for landing the second big arc (and IMO best) of the series properly. They shouldn't rush it to adapt the next big arc of the series ASAP; and if they can improve the fights in the anime like they did in episode 6/9 (nice) I don't think the show will lose steam at all.

P.S. This also means if they end the 1st season at this point, 2nd season will probably have BOTH El Dorado and Future arc if it's a 2-cour again, pretty gucci if you ask me.
Agreed. With the new opening pretty much including characters from this arc, I don't think they would write it off. But I think they'll polish it.

Dex-chan lover
I found this arc pretty fun to read now, but I bet I would have found it a little annoying if I followed this series back when these chapters were first released. It just feels a bit weird when a series gets hung up on a sidequest for over a year, to the point that you start to forget what the series was even about.

Supporter
Anyone else catch that panel of Ehre seeming to introduce Lernen to Wirbel and Scharf? I’d been wondering just who her grandfather was since she mentioned him being a 1st class mage to Wirbel…and it makes her comment while fighting Fern that fighting her is like fighting her grandfather even more entertaining to me, since if you roll those mentor lines back up, Serie becomes a common denominator.

I honestly really enjoyed this arc, though from the comments I guess I’m not in the majority opinion with that!

Either way, thanks for the chapter 💗

Dex-chan lover
serie is a legendary hater. banning someone for a millennium for literally no reason is pretty impressive. i almost couldn't believe fern used her request on fucking laundry magic, but she's frieren's pupil after all. serie must've been so pissed :kek:
well, the thing is that magic organization will probably only survive for a few hundred years, so the ban will end when the association collapses and Serie builds another one a few decades later. Then she'll be unbanned :LOL: and yet again have a certification to pass :sneaky:

Dex-chan lover

I think it should be included, but could be condensed considerably. Probably an episode for each test, with the third episode also including all the stuff afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread