Sousou no Frieren

I both love and hate these types of manga. The story is good, you're really enjoying it but you feel depressed.

Double-page supporter
Wholesome manga without any pesky romance to disturb it wholeness . 10/10 would read again

@ptg_ https://mangadex.org/title/47010/i-m-working-at-the-church-as-a-priest-but-i-want-to-be-cut-some-slack-from-the-mutilated-bodies-of-the-heroes-that-keep-getting-sent-to-me

Every once in a while a manga comes around, one that makes you go like: Ah yes, this is it, this will get animated and it's going to be absolutely amazing.
I'm getting that vibe from this.. and honestly, I hope kyotoani picks it up.

Where’s the tragedy tag?
Reading this feels trip without a warning is dangerous (T^T)

A combination of common sense and the title leaves me quietly terrified of the potential future death of Fern, and the consequences it’ll have on Frieren. I bet if this is executed well, reading it from start to finish will be a huge gut punch.

@mXoXdy I don't think it has tragedy theme. I feel like the theme is "Memento Mori (a reminder of the inevitability of death)". All of the funerals are relatively peaceful so far.

I really love this. It makes me incredibely sad but i feel utmost joy at the same time. I love how the main theme is the feeble human life and how short it is and it makes you feel like you have to try and do something with your life as well. Can't wait to see more, but ffs i gotta get my heart ready cause it's gonna be beaten like a motherf*cker in the future by this beautiful creation.

Supporter
To the producers, directors, animators, screenwriters, and actors who will inevitably turn this story into an anime: if you don't put your best effort into making this the greatest anime ever made, I will track down every one of you and personally piss in your ramen. I will point the stream into the air so it makes a magnificent arc before landing in your bowl, and I will stare you in the eye while I'm doing it.

Dex-chan lover
@NIB but that's the whole point, isn't it? You know about as much about the Hero's Party as Frieren herself.

This isn't tragedy. Everyone that dies met a peaceful death because of old age.

Goddamn. What a masterpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread