Sousou no Frieren

@GuildMasterJin oh I see, thanks for pointing it out, it's very subtle. Yea looking back on it now and comparing it to the current chapter, it tells what Eisen had realized about Frieren long before.

This feels like my own memories. It's a bit sad that I can relate to Frieren's "emotionless" state of mind and loneliness but, this manga is good. There's no action or any thrills that you could expect, it instead plays on the atmosphere and slow pacing of the story like Violet Evergarden or Mushishi. It's something that you can relax to, and expect the right hook to come out of nowhere with feelings. You can't weave or dodge but rather take it in to endure.

Dex-chan lover
For those who like this "travel with feeltrain" ambiance, there is an excellent oneshot I would recommend : https://mangadex.org/title/29521/yuusha-goikkou-no-kaerimichi

But be carefull, the onion ninjas are strong in this one...

The dwarf guy also has a huge life span I am guessing? the other two humans died while he still lives

Dex-chan lover
I don't even know if this series can survive more than 50 chapters. The premise breathes life into the manga but at the same time it's getting asphyxia when doing so.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read a manga about the daily life of a long lived or immortal character. This kind narrative brings back memories of the older but few mangas I’ve read in the past, they all have been very interesting and intriguing. I do wish there was more mangas like these.

"The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger
Watch it grin"
Suicide is Painless,M*A*S*H

Group Leader
@Phillipsskelisia The rating is manipulated. Not the first time Kirei Cake has done it either. This manga is pretty good to begin with, so the already high rating and asking people to rate it to "show their support" inflates it even more.

I love this manga so much. Thank you translation team for bringing this so we can enjoy

@Phillipsskelisia
It's good. While more action oriented manga may be more popular, it's those calm journeys where the author has the luxury of let the world breathe, like Spice & Wolf and this manga, what really sticks around.

It's this kind of story I don't want to continue reading... because it's too good and I feel like I can't bear to read another subpar story to waste time while finding another story like this.

Users who are viewing this thread