Sousou no Frieren

Hey this is pretty neat. I'm not a fan of melancholy stories but it seems pretty good.
Not sure how it got so many 10s since its not a masterpiece and is lacking substance but its worth the read. Better than the usual isekai power trip.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no. She's getting older too. Oh boy, I'm not looking forward to that.

Aggregator gang
I just read the english name alternative,,,,, totally a spoiler on how our Frieren will attend a lot of funeral in her lifetime while trying to understand human 😭😭

wait this is a weekly not monthly ? OH GOD FINALLY SOME GOOD MANGA WITH WEEKLY UPDATE

i feel like the more we uncover the backstory, the more we'll see that Himmel was truly in love with her and she'll realize it :( It's gonna hurt our elf baby

Double-page supporter
This sort of understated storytelling is far too uncommon in manga these days. I absolutely love it.

Group Leader
I didn't even realize that this manga has become the top rated manga in MD
good job for the author and the artist

This is great. The story begins at the end. It retells the adventure of the hero's party nearly a century later through the memories of the party's only surviving and unaging member as she retraces the steps of their journey.

Since the protagonist is effectively immortal on a human time-scale, the author introduces a young human apprentice to give us a sense of the passage of time as the story unfolds.

The work also encapsulates the bittersweet melancholy of memory and the power of wisdom and experience that allows us to overcome difficulties that seemed impossible in retrospect.

All of this, paired with a good artist, make for a satisfying read. As of chapter 5, this work deserves a 9/10. I hope the author and artist are able to maintain this standard going forward.

Double-page supporter
I certify this a 10/10 Masterpiece.

Reminds me of https://mangadex.org/title/29521/yuusha-goikkou-no-kaerimichi

i have a lot to say about this, but i wont, cause i feel like this should be discused not in private, but in a close manner. it has that feeling
its something deep but light

i give it a 10/10, because it deserves a 9 and some people will give less, such a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread