Sousou no Frieren

Now, this is a masterpiece. A journey to honor comrades in abstract but meaningful ways. She's fated to outlive everyone she cares for so she chooses to keep the memories dear to her while still continuing her journey. She has already attained power and knowledge, but now she's acquiring a deep understanding of what makes life worthwhile. 10/10 and anyone who doesn't appreciate this palate cleanser is either not a fan of melancholy, or doesn't fully grasp the message. That's not bad per se- everyone has their tastes. It's good to see something more than shonen power escalation, angsty drama, or thin romance can still be enticing.

Dex-chan lover
Just a warning, this series will play with your feelings and make you cry like a child.

I recommend it, though.

Damn, really enjoying it so far. It's interesting to see what really goes on in the "happily ever after", even if it's not always happy for everyone involved. Have a gut feeling this is going to get sad and I'm going to cry a lot, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Double-page supporter
Hmmm, yeah the score is well fitted, it's an original story alright.
We all know that we'll have to see her outlive more people, even her disciple, which is truly sad...

More and more i could see why Himmel was a hero. Can't help but think his relationship with Frieren was deeper than I assumed before. He really understood Frieren.

Seems inevitable we’ll get a Titanic ending here. MC will reunite with her party and other important people in the afterlife.

Power Uploader
While the pacing is fine as it is, I can't help but think this type of deliberating, reflective story would benefit more from a biweekly or monthly schedule, if only to increase the page count for each chapter.

It's going to be soul-crushingly depressing when Frieren eventually sorts her feelings out and realizes that she probably loved Himmel all along, but was too "immature" (for lack of a better word) to even understand what that feeling was.

From what we've been shown so far, it's obvious that she loved him, but she just didn't know what she was feeling back then and it's going to take her 80+ years to figure it out...

it’s very interesting, it’s as if deep down she regrets not having lived these moments, it’s almost unconscious

Users who are viewing this thread