Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
So. The dragon took a liking to the MC and asked him to pour magical energy into that egg. A baby dragon hatched from it and the dragon let the MC to rake responsibility, as "You poured yoursoul into it and it turned into that child. Think of it as part of yourself."

Are we sure that ancient dragon is male? It laid an egg. My guess is it wasn't fertilized. Then came MC along and poured his ...you know what...soul... into it. That baby dragon is part of himself. He is the father.

Double-page supporter
@forecast only appearance as the real Satou would probably not give him that magnum dong. Also the god commented on normal behavior when someone met a dragon aka common sense. Satou destroy common sense rather than to give one. There is also the retort on the dragon being cool and the mc lack of common sense.

Group Leader
@Qelix
I just checked... the gender of the dragon was not clearly stated... You might actually be right. His first "romantic" contact on this world could be having a baby dragon without even using his enormous shlong.

By the way, "Nobi" were apparently slaves (or serf) in medieval Korea... or a Japanese book about a soldier in the Philippines during WWII... I couldn't find anything about Noubi.
But as Harry_Dong stated, it seems to me like LH might have oversimplified the translation. That the name went from "Black no B" to "Black Nobi".
I don't think it will really matter how the Dragon got his name from now on anyways.

Double-page supporter
@Harry_Dong That might explain what "Black Nobi" was supposed to mean, but then what did the Dragon confuse that for? And why did that mistake in understanding cause the MC to apologize to Fantasy readers?

Group Leader
@GodGinrai
Perhaps whatever magic translation ability the god gave him doesn't also work on loan words--in this instance, Takeru using the English word "Black" instead of "Kuro"? Thus, the dragon didn't confuse it for anything; just heard it literally as is, as it was spoken. I honestly don't know if it means something else in that other world language, or if the dragon dad just simply liked the sound of it.

I'm pretty sure he was only apologizing to us because he was just throwing ideas out there without really thinking hard about it, when he wanted to think of a cool name like the dragon dad has, but ultimately couldn't come up with anything besides blurting out the color of his new pet...which is pretty weak in of itself. After all, he was thinking of the usual stereotypical names like "Tama/Pochi" for dogs and cats before going with the color.

Double-page supporter
@Harry_Dong Eh, I don't buy that it was because he couldn't think of a good name. It seemed to me that he came up with what LH translated as "Black Nobi" and felt that sounded good, then the dragon said the name would be "Black Noubi Voldias" and it is at that point that the MC freaked out about him misunderstanding him and apologized to fantasy fans. He even said (in the translation that LH provided) "I had no plan to name it that at all" before apologizing.

Group Leader
@GodGinrai

Believe what you want, but as gaikerx previously mentioned, it literally says: "ブラックのB" = Black no B. You can take a look at the raws to see for yourself that it's there.

Double-page supporter
@Harry_Dong Just looked at the raws, and the Dragon says "ーーブラック・ノウビー・ボルディアス", which is the part I'm asking about. I never denied that the MC came up with "ブラクのB". The "ー"'s on either side of the part the Dragon named makes me think it is trying to use it as a title? This also seems to have been lost in translation...

Group Leader
ーーブラック・ノウビー・ボルディアス = ——Black Nobi/Noubi Voldias/Bordius.....or however it's spelled.

I don't know what's confusing you here. Looks to me the dragon simply added the given name (what he heard, rather than what Takeru meant) to a true name/surname that he already decided on beforehand. Then he apologized because the name he gave was a half-hearted suggestion, sounding weird when it was added on to the name Vol's gave.

Fed-Kun's army
...Wow. Yeah, this mc just isn't someone I'd be that fond of. I mean, this dragon clearly isn't that bad of a person(dragon?) but he pretty much tried to kill the mc here. He didn't expect him to survive. But for some reason, the mc is all like "Awww, so mean, well whatever, let's keep on chatting like best friends" and the dragon is the same? What the f*ck!?

This mc seriously has some mental issues.

"Hey, how do we make the dragon sound fancy?"
"Just make him say 'forsooth' every single sentence."

Seriously, stop. I get that you're trying to emulate a more formal way of speaking, but it just sounds ridiculous.

Aggregator gang
I can't believe the MC didn't get some of the mithril SS rank ore, he didn't even needed to get much, just enough to make a weapon for himself, how can he be so stupid ?

Dex-chan lover
japanese mc is the best. almost die bec own stupidity but alive bec plot armor

Users who are viewing this thread