SSS-Rank Dungeon de Knife Ippon Tewatasare Tsuihou Sareta Shiro Madoushi: Yggdrasil no Noroi ni yori Jakuten de aru Maryoku Fusoku wo Kokufuku-shi Se…

Dex-chan lover
The MC gives “good guys” a bad name — and I suspect that’s intentional. I mean who would want to be ”good” if doing so means being such a complete and utter sap as the MC is?

Contrast with this guy B Rank Adventurer with an Evil Look Now, that’s a good guy!

As for this trash manga (albeit with very good art)… Coming soon: Bitch (but good looking) female party member belatedly realizes how much she needs him and he comes to save her. GD endless ego-stroking BS. And maybe later: Evil male MC went bad because his family treated him bad (or some such nonsense). And it’s already pretty obvious: MC will later go to that prison for some reason or other, and at the that point the villainous gatekeeper will help him out and thus redeem himself.

Mangaka: Good guys are saps. And whatever the villain did, in the end, it’s not their fault and they should be forgiven.

PS: Since a couple of people are giving confused emotes, I'll explain a bit more.
  • Authors don't necessarily like their MC. In fact they may hate their MC (or at least that type of MC). Author might be doing it just for the money, and/or author might be subtly mocking the MC.
  • The "MC" here is "good", i.e. a very generous, forgiving guy.
  • But he's way too "good". He's forgiving people who are way past forgiveness. E.g. here bad stuff happened to the guard's family -- but no way does that justify (or even make credible) that he then cooperates with monsters out to slaughter completely innocent people.
  • So you have an MC who is the paragon of "goodness" (or more accurately a parody of goodness).
  • Aside from that, he lacks personality. He doesn't feel real at all.
  • So MC is nominally a role model to emulate (because he's "good"), but he's been parodied so hard, that no sane person would use him as a role model.
  • So, the author isn't celebrating "goodness" but rather denigrating it.
  • You can (and should) be a good person -- but that does not mean being a total sap. Again, contrast with the "B Rank Adventurer" -- this is a genuine good guy. Decent, loving family guy, mature, not edgy, not angsty -- who has no problem lopping off heads of villains.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean i'm not 100% against him helping her...if he makes her permanently in debt to him.
There's a old saying, there is no greater revenge than permanent humiliation.
That said i might be a bit biased, i'm legally blind so the idea of never seeing again is nightmarish.
It would be great if all he did was cute her blindness but let her stay without the arm and leg.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god this shit is so pathetic he’s going to forgive them all
Of course he will, Japanese love to preach about forgiveness in their stories, forgiveness is a pretty big thing in their culture, it's why every time a character is serious they say that whatever the villain did is unforgivable.

Seriously, Japanese writers preach forgiveness more than Jesus did :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
If she's really sorry, she should at the very least kneel down and give Rei the gawk gawk treatment if he actually heals her.
It would be mercy for Rei to even talk to her at this point.

Aggregator gang
I thought his former party just wiped out and cannot be continue anymore becaause of serious injuries and now they are promoted?

Dex-chan lover
Ring ring, banana phone! Hello, is Rei there? Sorry, the Rei you have dialed is dead. Thank you for calling and have a banana-rific day!

Dex-chan lover
It would be great if all he did was cute her blindness but let her stay without the arm and leg.
There's also the "monkey's paw" healing, for example, heal her, but tie it to him, so if he get's a injury, so does she, basically she's effectively a forced assistant to the mc because if he dies, so does she.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't mind a proper redemption / forgiveness arc.
I would mind a sappy unconditional and complete forgiveness.

I mean, forgiving and helping his former teammates without seeing them at least changing their attitude would just be another sign of weakness and giving another chance for people to commit evil.

I do see one reason why he might not have a choice though. He still bears the slave mark, though he can hide it. I don't know if this can compel him after years of being away from his "owner", but he still has the brand so the curse probably still works.

I read the first half of the web novel. Dropped it after lol. If you want to know what happens…

Suglenst spots him in the capital and attempts to kill him to silence him. Liana ends up fighting him, while Rei fights Suglent’s butler? She injures him and passes out. Rei shows Suglenst that he’s stronger than him, heals him, and makes him leave. Reason is that he doesn’t want Liana to be sad over killing someone and doesn’t want to get in trouble with nobles. Himeno’s relative ask Rei to heal her because the girl he’s been looking for, Nenemoa, is there. But the one of the four demon knights is also there, as well as the lizard demon from the forest he let escape. They turned Nenemoa into a demon, which killed her lol. Rei kills both of them and that’s basically the end of the first half. Extra chapter shows Himeno is actually a tsundere, put up walls to protect herself, and feels bad for leaving Rei behind. So yeah, he’ll probably heal her in the next half. 🤷

Dex-chan lover
I read the first half of the web novel. Dropped it after lol. If you want to know what happens…

Suglenst spots him in the capital and attempts to kill him to silence him. Liana ends up fighting him, while Rei fights Suglent’s butler? She injures him and passes out. Rei shows Suglenst that he’s stronger than him, heals him, and makes him leave. Reason is that he doesn’t want Liana to be sad over killing someone and doesn’t want to get in trouble with nobles. Himeno’s relative ask Rei to heal her because the girl he’s been looking for, Nenemoa, is there. But the one of the four demon knights is also there, as well as the lizard demon from the forest he let escape. They turned Nenemoa into a demon, which killed her lol. Rei kills both of them and that’s basically the end of the first half. Extra chapter shows Himeno is actually a tsundere, put up walls to protect herself, and feels bad for leaving Rei behind. So yeah, he’ll probably heal her in the next half. 🤷
what about Feil the dark mage? if she survives but gets absorbed by evil slime or is completely dead or missing?

Dex-chan lover

For the beard of Karl Marx...
Why?

Dex-chan lover
Karma is a bitch himeno.
Also is that knight guy baiting rei, i though his previous party was disbanded not promoted?
images

what about Feil the dark mage? if she survives but gets absorbed by evil slime or is completely dead or missing?
Nothing extra is said about her in the first half. They all think she's dead. There's an extra chapter at the end that talks about her being shunned by humans as a child. The reason she was with the party was to defeat the demon king and change the stigma about half demons, so that they can be accepted. So she's probably still around if they're giving her story time.

Here are the links if you want to read:

Part 1: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9759hl/
Part 2: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6392ho/

Used Google Translate and it wasn't too bad.

Dex-chan lover
I mean i'm not 100% against him helping her...if he makes her permanently in debt to him.
There's a old saying, there is no greater revenge than permanent humiliation.
That said i might be a bit biased, i'm legally blind so the idea of never seeing again is nightmarish.
Not to seem like an asshole, but if you're blind how are you reading manga? Novels I get, there's text to speech. But even if that worked with the text in manga it still wouldn't work with the pictures. Sorry if it seems like I'm just being a troll, I'm genuinely curious how that works.

Dex-chan lover
Not to seem like an asshole, but if you're blind how are you reading manga? Novels I get, there's text to speech. But even if that worked with the text in manga it still wouldn't work with the pictures. Sorry if it seems like I'm just being a troll, I'm genuinely curious how that works.
Your idea of what blindness is is well, biased towards hollywood's take on blindness, basically full black blindness is EXTREMELY rare, what classifies as blindness in the medical sense is a vision impairment that cannot be treated with modern medicine that is detrimental to normal life and there are tiers to it.

A example of the more commonly known full blindness would be someone who can see shapes but not details, most people who are considered fully blind can actually make out shapes at very close range but cannot make out any details, it's like a world of white, hence why they need extremely dark shades.

What i am is legally blind due to a illness when i was younger, this is a vision impairment where i can see and even make out faces up close and even see things if they are big enough at mid range with proper glasses, but have permanent damage in my field of vision, in my case i cannot see well out of my left eye as it has a severe "twist" in the center of my vision and blurring, enough that i cannot legally do anything that involves motor vehicles and need to wear glasses pretty much at all times.
My right eye is not great either but i can see with it effectively with proper lenses.

Users who are viewing this thread